Bendigo born and bred basketball player Jake Cowling has re-signed with the Braves for the 2019 NBL1 season.
Cowling is a 2016 SEABL Braves championship player and has returned to Bendigo after a short stint in Shepparton, where he relocated temporarily for work.
Throughout Cowling's 68 senior games with the Braves he had an average of 43.4 per cent shooting and 1.6 rebounds per game.
A highlight was a "break-out" game in 2017 against the Melbourne Tigers where landed 16 points and 7 rebounds during the game.
Coach David Hogan was happy to lure Jake Cowling back to the Braves, with the pair having played together in the past.
"Jake will be great for our group. He has a solid work ethic and gives his all when he is on the floor," Hogan said.
Cowling has been attending training sessions with the Braves since late 2018, where he has shown "exceptional leadership as a senior member" and has been described as a key contributor to the team's development.
"I couldn't be happier about returning to Bendigo. I have so many great mates here and I really want to be part of this group in the hunt for another championship," Cowling said.
- NBL1 to replace SEABL as feature winter basketball league
- Braves re-sign Gabe Richards and Kelly Wilson for 2019 NBL1 season
- Bendigo Braves re-sign Nadeen Payne for 2019 season
- Tobin headed back to Bendigo; signs with Braves
- Tessa Lavey returns to the Bendigo Braves, looks forward to challenge of premiership title defence
- Bendigo Braves SEABL Championship player Matt Andronicos re-signs for a fourth season
- Ray Turner re-signs with Bendigo Braves for the 2019 season
- Bendigo Braves re-sign Jake Lloyd for 2019 season
Have you signed up to the Bendigo Advertiser's daily newsletter and breaking news emails? You can register below and make sure you are up to date with everything that's happening in central Victoria.