Another Department of Education employee who worked at Malmsbury Youth Justice Centre has tested positive to coronavirus.
The new case means eight cases are attached to the centre - seven Department of Education staff and one custodial staff member from the Malmsbury centre.
"Youth Justice has been advised than an additional Department of Education (DET) employee who previously worked at the Malmsbury Youth Justice Centre has returned a positive test for coronavirus (COVID-19)," a Department of Justice spokesperson said.
"The custodial staff member is a partner of one of the teachers and has been in isolation since getting tested.
"All young people tested at the Malmsbury Youth Justice Centre have returned negative test results for coronavirus (COVID-19)."
Youth Justice has implemented a range of measures in response to the pandemic including screening questions, temperature testing for visitors, staff and young people, quarantine measures, and testing as required in accordance with health advice.
On Thursday, Bendigo recorded seven new cases while Macedon Ranges recorded three.
Victoria has seen 723 new cases of coronavirus since Wednesday.
The Department of Justice spokesperson said a small number of young people are still in lockdown as they complete a 14 day isolation period.
"We anticipate to restore normal operations for the whole site by the weekend," they said.
Staff have been issued with personal protective equipment and it is mandatory for visitors to wear personal protective equipment at all times while on site.
- New coronavirus case linked to Girton Grammar student, school will remain open
- V/Line COVID-19 case confirmed in staff member
- Bendigo, Heathcote schools to close due to coronavirus cases
- Explainer: When will Victorian lockdown lead to decline in coronavirus case numbers?
- Bendigo's Mercy Health Bethlehem Home for the Aged records no further positive coronavirus tests
- Don KR Castlemaine coronavirus cluster increases to 10 people
- The Informer: Clusters, Karens and all sorts of COVID connotations
- Bendigo Basketball suspends matches and training due to COVID-19 cases