Premier Daniel Andrews has confirmed there would be no restrictions or rule changes to announce today.
He however said changes were not ruled out.
"Rules are only as good as the behaviour and choices some of us make," he said.
"If we have a weekend this weekend like last weekend, well then next week it will be like Sydney. Simple as that."
Mr Andrews urged Victorians to abide by the current restrictions this weekend following numerous breaches.
"This is very, very serious," he said.
"These cases; there are too many of them out there and there are too many that have been out in the community for too long.
"We are right on the edge of this getting away from us. This Delta variant is so infectious that it will find evert breach of every rule, and it will potentially spread because of that."
Mr Andrews said there were six mystery cases overnight.
He said 25 of those were in isolation for the entirety of their infectious period.
"That makes today a bad day," he said.
Mr Andrews warned young Australians were at risk from the delta strain, pointing towards the approximately 700 children in New South Wales with COVID-19.
"No kids in our country are vaccinated... As a parent to every other parent, that should be motivation enough," he said.
Traces of COVID-19 were first detected in Shepparton wastewater last week, which prompted a push for higher testing rates in the region.
Goulburn Valley Health chief executive Matt Sharp confirmed the case on Facebook on Friday morning.
He said the person was currently at home and isolating.
"Contact tracing is underway and will continue as a primary focus of GV Health's Local Public Health Unit," he said.
"Further details regarding any community locations of concern will be provided once this information is known and if it represents a concern."
Victoria has recorded 57 new coronavirus cases since Thursday.
The new COVID-19 cases included 55 in the community and two in hotel quarantine.
Of the 55 new locally-acquired cases, 49 are linked to known outbreaks and 25 have been in isolation during their infectious period.
There were also 28,601 vaccine doses administered on Thursday and 48,273 test results received.
Victoria now has 349 active cases.
The Department of Health's exposure site guide lists no location in central Victoria.
Bendigo Health chair Bob Cameron said he was not aware of any case in the region that had been tested by its public health facilities.
On Thursday, White Night Bendigo announced the event will be rescheduled to next year due to the ongoing effects of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Visit Victoria chief executive Brendan McClements confirmed the cancellation in a short statement on Thursday afternoon.
"We know this is very disappointing for Bendigo and Geelong but we're looking forward to bringing back these great cultural events in 2022," he said.
Mr McClements said the decision provided certainty to artists, suppliers and the community - and reinforces Visit Victoria's commitment to these premier public events.
White Night Geelong also has been postponed.
Our journalists work hard to provide local, up-to-date news to the community. This is how you can access our trusted content:
Have you signed up to the Bendigo Advertiser's daily newsletter and breaking news emails? You can register below and make sure you are up to date with everything that's happening in central Victoria.