White Night Bendigo will be rescheduled to next year due to the ongoing effects of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Visit Victoria chief executive Brendan McClements confirmed the cancellation in a short statement on Thursday afternoon.
"We know this is very disappointing for Bendigo and Geelong but we're looking forward to bringing back these great cultural events in 2022," he said.
Mr McClements said the decision provided certainty to artists, suppliers and the community - and reinforces Visit Victoria's commitment to these premier public events.
White Night Geelong also has been cancelled.
Visit Victoria will work closely with its regional partners to deliver the events in 2022, with new dates to be announced in due course.
White Night Bendigo had been scheduled to take place on October 2,and White Night Geelong on November 6.
More to come.
Have you signed up to the Bendigo Advertiser's daily newsletter and breaking news emails? You can register below and make sure you are up to date with everything that's happening in central Victoria.
Our journalists work hard to provide local, up-to-date news to the community. This is how you can access our trusted content: