IT’S one of the best times of the year in Bendigo – Easter!
But don’t despair if you’re not around to enjoy it.
The Bendigo Addy will be out and about from Good Friday to Easter Sunday, capturing all the excitement throughout the city.
We’ll continue to add updates here. Watch out for stories, pictures and videos from the Easter egg hunt, the torchlight procession, and the Gala Parade – just to name a few!
Share your photos
- Council raises concerns with CFA over tanker’s parade exit: THE City of Greater Bendigo is “concerned” with the speed a fire truck exited the Easter Gala Parade on Sunday after it was called to a fire, and has raised the matter with the CFA which is reviewing the incident.
- Art exhibition raises $25,000: Around $25,000 was raised for the Rotary Club of Bendigo through the Easter Art exhibition.
- Golfers aim for a hole-in-one: Golfers had their chance to win big at the Rotary Club of Kangaroo Flat’s Easter hole-in-one competition.
- Maldon celebrates with a grand procession: The historic streets of Maldon were lined with excited spectators for the town’s annual Easter Fair Grand Procession.
- ‘Good old-fashioned country fun’ at 148th Rheola charity carnival: It was warm, dry and a tad dusty at the Rheola charity carnival on Monday but a record crowd of 3500 poured through the gates at the Rheola reserve, returning estimated record gate receipts of $16,000.
- Check out this year’s Bendigo Advertiser Gala Parade in photos: The Bendigo Advertiser Gala Parade was not only a chance to see Sun Loong on one of his final marches through the CBD, but a chance to revel in the atmosphere of Easter in Bendigo.
- Fire truck races through gala parade route on way to call-out: “The truck came through a lot faster than the others in the parade,” one witness said. “Everyone thought it was part of the parade and we were surprised that it kept going.”
- Easter parade captures young people’s imaginations: The Bendigo Advertiser Gala Parade was not only a chance to see Sun Loong on one of his final marches through the CBD or to revel in the atmosphere of Easter in Bendigo. It was also a chance to capture the imaginations of thousands of children who lined the streets.
- Dragon delight for Matthew Clarke | Photos, Videos: Matthew Clarke has put the finishing touches on a strong Victorian athletics season by winning the 2018 Bendigo Bank Dragon Mile on Sunday.
- See who’s at the Bendigo Addy Gala Parade on Easter Sunday: The faces in the crowd at Sunday’s parade! Follow the parade LIVE here:
- Sun shines on Saturday of Easter weekend in Bendigo | Photos, video: Take a look at how residents and visitors enjoyed the Bendigo Easter Festival on Saturday morning.
- See how people are celebrating Easter in Bendigo: We share readers’ photos of their Easter fun in the city.
- Celebrating Easter 2018 in Bendigo: Pictures from Saturday’s events: Our photographers have been busy, capturing faces and fun times in Bendigo on Saturday. Take a look at some of their snaps here.
- All the action from Saturday’s Easter egg hunt in Bendigo: Photos from the second day of the Vision Australia event; 2018 marks the first time the popular hunt has been held over two days.
- Bendigo's Dai Gum San Precinct was filled with drums, dragons and dancers for Sun Loong's awakening: Photos and a video that was recorded live at the awakening held in the Dai Gum San Precinct.
- Live music lovers united in Bull Street: The street was converted into a rock concert, check out some photos and videos of all the action.
- 2018 Bendigo Easter torchlight procession | Photos, Video: Truly a night to remember. Don’t worry if you missed it, we captured every moment of the night.
- Easter celebrations on Good Friday draw a crowd | Videos: Rosalind Park is a hive of activity as Easter celebrations in Bendigo get underway.
- Good Friday Appeal 2018 well underway in Bendigo | Photos, video: Scores of volunteers are again at intersections, parks and public places throughout Bendigo, collecting money for the Royal Children’s Hospital’s Good Friday appeal.
- Bendigo mother's plea to give generously to Good Friday Appeal: At just five-and-a-half months old, Brydee Whiteman was diagnosed with Juvenile Myelomonocytic Leukaemia. Her mother Skye is encouraging people to give generously to the Good Friday Appeal.
- A walking tour of Bendigo’s Chinese history: Bendigo has a rich Chinese history, celebrated during the Easter Festival. So why are there no longer Chinese buildings around the city? The Bendigo Advertiser went on a walking tour to find out what happened to our Chinese heritage.
Easter long weekend:
- Royal Victorian Regiment to lead Easter gala parade on Sunday: For one member of the Pipes and Drums, the Easter Parade will be a very special occasion. Bendigo’s Warrant Officer Peter Barker will be parading for the last time. He is retiring from the regiment after 41 years.
- Timely triple-0 reminder for Easter holiday goers: The Emergency Services Telecommunications Authority chief says being familiar with addresses, landmarks and surroundings in the case of an emergency is vital.
- Don’t forget to give, blood service says as Easter begins: Bendigo’s stocks are strong this year, though nationally 2000 Australians will need to give blood this Easter long weekend.
Follow the Bendigo Addy journos as they’re out and about today...
Check out last year’s Easter coverage here:
Easter Sunday stories, pictures and videos:
Easter Saturday stories, pictures and videos:
Good Friday stories, pictures and videos: