CANBERRA LOCKDOWN ENDS
After nine weeks, the ACT is exiting its COVID lockdown. Here is how the restrictions are being eased in Canberra.
* Up to five people can visit a home at once, with gatherings of up to 25 people outdoors allowed
* Cafes, bars, restaurants and pubs can reopen for up to 25 people indoors or 50 people outdoors
* Gyms, places of worship, gaming venues, community centres can reopen for up to 25 people
* Hairdressers and beauty services can reopen for up to five customers at a time
* Accommodation, campgrounds and caravan parks can reopen, subject to gathering restrictions
* Non-essential retail can reopen but only for click and collect or delivery. Retail will resume in-store from October 29 in the next round of restrictions easing.
* Aged care residents can have two vaccinated visitors per day
* Weddings can recommence, subject to density limits
* Funerals to have up to 50 attendees
* Year 11 and 12 students to return to the classroom from Monday.
Australian Associated Press