A "SLOW and steady" increase in regional Victorian cases has continued with three new ones in the Campaspe Shire and another in Macedon.
There were no extra cases in Bendigo but chief health officer Brett Sutton has warned that people should be on alert in case more exposure sites are listed soon.
"We are aware of at least one construction worker from Melbourne who travelled to Bendigo prior to the travel ban for construction. They have been infectious since Sunday and have a number of work contacts and exposure sites," he said.
Exposure sites include one at a bakery in Epsom and a hotel in Bendigo, the Department of Health confirmed last night.
Dr Sutton said health authorities were carrying out "extensive" testing and quarantining of the worker's close contact.
A new case was found in the Macedon area.
That person was involved in the freight industry and may have been in contact with a driver who previously tested negative.
The Campaspe Shire's cases included one in the Rochester area postcode, one in the Torrumbarry area and another in the Rushworth zone.
Dr Sutton said the source of one of those cases was under investigation.
Victoria has seen 733 new coronavirus cases a day after the state recorded its highest number of infections in a 24 hour period.
The 733 new cases were all locally acquired and take Victoria's active case tally to 7160. On Thursday, Victoria recorded 766 cases - the highest ever daily tally for the state.
Thursday also saw 56,520 test results received and 41,029 vaccines administered.
Bendigo also recorded its first coronavirus case in more than a year when a V/Line contractor tested positive.
The new case means there are two new exposure sites in Bendigo at Brumby's Bakery in Epsom and the Quality Lakeside Hotel.
Anyone who visited the Quality Lakeside Hotel or Brumby's Bakery during the specified times should urgently get tested, then isolate until confirmation of a negative result.
The Department of Health said some people would be considered tier one contacts and have to isolate for 14 days. Contact tracers will directly contact those people.
Drive-through COVID-19 testing will be available at the Bendigo Showgrounds from 8.30am to 5pm on Friday.
Walk-in testing will be at the McLaren Street site from 8.30am to 6pm.
Kyneton has also recorded a new tier one exposure site in a local restaurant.
According to the state government's coronavirus website, New Garden Chinese Restaurant in Kyneton has been listed as a tier one exposure site after a COVID-19 positive case visited the business on September 18 between 4.45pm and 9pm.
Our journalists work hard to provide local, up-to-date news to the community. This is how you can access our trusted content: