Classical music will fill Bendigo's Capital Theatre in February as the Bendigo Chamber Music Festival returns for its second year.
After a successful inaugural outing in 2020, festival co-directors Chris Howlett and Howard Penny were eager to return.
This year's festival will be slightly different with COVID-safe planning restricting organisers slightly.
"It all had to be quite flexible, working with COVID," Mr Howlett said. "We had to change the artist roster. We have high hopes for NSW audience members being able to attend but we had to make a call that NSW artists couldn't attend.
"The other big thing COVID has brought is that we are broadcasting live through the Melbourne Digital Concert Hall. If people don't feel comfortable coming, or can't because they are in a red zone, they can still most of our concerts."
It will be the first major event The Capital has hosted since closing its doors last year.
"One of the last events before COVID closed our venues, it's certainly fitting that our way back commences with this wonderful festival that will be delivered in a COVID safe way," BVE acting manager Jacoba Kelly said.
"While numbers are restricted, Bendigo audiences have strongly signalled their support of the festival and desire to return to live performance with excellent ticket sales."
The festival has 16 professional artists from around Australia performing from February 3 to 7.
"I'ts so great to help The Capital reopen," Mr Howlett said. "We wanted to make sure we stuck to our three main goals which is fabulous world-class music on stage, a community focus and a huge educational program.
"I was blown away by the success of our inaugural festival. Most concerts sold out and we bought in $400,000 to the Bendigo region through cafes, accommodation and other businesses."