The North Central Catchment Management Authority has paused plans for a staged return to office work.
A spokesperson for the organisation said North Central CMA operations would not be affected, as its existing COVID Safe Plan ensured the continuation of operations as staff worked from home.
"Our COVID Safe Plan is subject to change in line with any updated advice from the Victorian Government," the spokesperson said.
Coliban Water is still planning for a staged return for limited additional staff from Monday, though a spokesperson said the on-premises workforce would be kept well below the permitted 25 per cent.
"Coliban Water has taken a cautious approach to the number of staff returning to our work premises and have only permitted a small number of staff onsite for essential service provision and staff who are not able to work from home," the spokesperson said.
They said the water corporation's plans were subject to change in line with any updated advice from the Victorian Government.
"Victorian water corporations are public sector entities and have been permitted to operate with up to 25 per cent of their workforce on work premises since December," the spokesperson said.
The City of Greater Bendigo will wait until late January before enabling more staff to work from the office.
It comes after the Victorian government delayed plans to raise the cap on workers in offices in both the private and public sector.
Wednesday's announcement came as both the MCG and Chadstone Shopping Centre were identified as possible COVID-19 exposure sites.
But that wasn't what prompted a change in the City of Greater Bendigo's plans.
Acting corporate performance director Jenn Spelling said the city made the decision to scale up to 50 per cent office capacity on January 27 earlier in the week, given the closure of the Victorian border with New South Wales.
Ms Spelling said the extra time would allow any staff that had been in NSW to quarantine as needed.
"The organisation will also use this extra time to monitor more broadly how the latest outbreak is unfolding and how it may affect future plans to return staff," she said.
Existing restrictions allow for up to 25 per cent of private sector workers to return to their offices.
The changes previously scheduled to take effect from Monday would have increased the cap to 50 per cent for the private sector, and 25 per cent for the public sector.
"Local government is not considered part of the Victorian public service, so the 25 per cent of staff who were able to return to the office before Christmas have been able to continue to come into the office," Ms Spelling said.
Bendigo Bank said it would review staff numbers in the Bendigo Centre as guidelines changed.
"Banking is an essential community service and we are committed to supporting our customers whilst ensuring the safety of our people, customers and communities," a bank spokesperson said.
"Because of the way we operate - with three major corporate sites in Bendigo, Melbourne and Adelaide, and with a truly national presence - our head office and remote teams are already used to working to full effect in a remote or virtual way,
"As a result, we continue to adapt quickly and flexibly to support our customers to any changing circumstances."
The spokesperson said the bank had allowed for capacity at 25 per cent in the Bendigo Centre, consistent with the current restrictions.
"Many of our staff are continuing to take advantage of the opportunity for annual leave in the current holiday period after a busy 2020," they said.
"We've also worked hard throughout the pandemic to keep the majority of our branches open to serve customers who require or desire safe face-to-face service."
Bendigo Health was working on a plan to safely return staff to the workplace when appropriate.
The health service had a large number of staff working remotely, with necessary supports in place.