MORE Don KR workers are expected to test positive to COVID-19 in the coming days as results are returned.
Bendigo Health chief medical officer Dr Diana Badcock said almost all employees had been tested, on site at the factory and at Bendigo Health, Castlemaine Health and Maryborough District Health.
Dr Badcock said about half of the tests results had been returned.
Even workers who tested negative were asked to remain isolated for 14 days, she said, and most would be retested.
Dr Badcock said employees of meatworks were known to be a high-risk community, with the virus thriving in cold places.
"We are very concerned when there's a COVID index case in one of these facilities," she said.
Dr Badcock said contact tracing had been done, with the Department of Health and Human Services doing most of that work, along with Bendigo Health.
DON KR Castlemaine has confirmed another worker has tested positive to COVID-19.
There are now six active coronavirus cases at the Castlemaine production facility. The site's first COVID-19 case was confirmed on Thursday.
A Don KR spokesperson said the six people who tested positive were isolating at home and would continue to do so for at least 14 days or until they tested negative.
"We are keeping in touch for regular updates on their condition and doing all we can to support them during this time," the spokesperson said in a written statement. "We are hoping for their full recovery soon."
The Castlemaine production facility was closed on Friday to undergo a deep clean.
The Don KR spokesperson said almost all of the 1300 employees at the Castlemaine site had been tested for COVID-19.
Read more news:
The facility would reopened when the Department of Health and Human Services confirmed it was safe to do so, the spokesperson said.
"The health and safety of DON Smallgoods staff is our priority and, as a responsible employer, we are taking all necessary steps to ensure we protect our workforce at this time," the spokesperson said.
It came as Victoria recorded its highest daily number of COVID-19 cases on Monday, with 532 new cases reported.
Another six people have also died from coronavirus - three women aged in their 70s, 80s, and 90s, and another three men aged in their 50s, 70s, and 80s.
Forty-four Victorians are being treated in intensive care for COVID-19.
We have removed our paywall from this storyabout thecoronavirus. This is a rapidly changing situation and we want to make sure our readers are as informed as possible. If you would like to support our journalists, subscribe here.