The Bendigo Amateur Soccer League remains on schedule to start both its senior and junior competitions next month.
After Football Victoria released updated Return to Training conditions earlier in the week, it has now become clearer as to what the 2020 season will look like for BASL clubs.
"It's a significant step closer to playing games. The updated information outlines all requirements for clubs in terms of what is required of them for the season," BASL president Aaron Shooter said.
Currently BASL juniors are scheduled to kick off on July 4, while the senior competition is set for July 26.
"We now have a better vision and understanding of what game-day will look like under the required guidelines," Shooter said.
Despite the reality that the 2020 season is going to be modified and very different to previous years, Shooter believed the importance of sport had never been more crucial for the community.
"This is a real chance to celebrate the core values of our soccer community and all of us coming back together under truly trying circumstances," he said.
"It's not going to be a traditional season but it's an opportunity to get back together and focus on what we love about the game.
"Season goals for different clubs might be realigned back to simply just getting people of all ages back out playing the game.
"And in a way this is an opportunity to really test community strength.
"Being able to play is a great celebration in itself."
Key changes to the Return to Training/Play conditions include:
- The separation of conditions between Senior (19 years and older) and Junior (18 years and under) sport
- Junior competitive training and games can resume effective immediately, including friendly games in preparation for the competition resumption dates released last Friday
- Senior competitive training can commence from 13 July and competitions from 20 July - subject to further advice from the Chief Health Officer
- Spectator gatherings at venues is restricted to groups of 10 with social distancing protocols maintained between groups (though only those necessary to support participation should attend training and competitions)
Football Victoria will continue to keep the state's soccer community up to date with the latest information in relation to any changes to guidelines.
"FV reminds all members of the community to exercise caution and to follow and cooperate with all conditions outlined," FV said in a statement.
"Thank you for your continued patience, cooperation and resilience as individuals and as a community, as we continue to navigate through these unprecedented times."
Have you signed up to the Bendigo Advertiser's daily newsletter and breaking news emails? You can register below and make sure you are up to date with everything that's happening in central Victoria.