Organisers of the popular Groovin the Moo music festival have announced the annual event will not take place in Bendigo or any other locations because of the concern around COVID-19.
It is the first time since the inaugural festival was held at Gloucester, New South Wales in 2005 that the event will not go ahead.
"The government's recommendations together with the uncertainty of these times makes it impossible for us to push forward with GTM this year," organisers said.
The festival was due to come to Bendigo on Saturday, May 2.
This year's line-up had included Tones and I, Gang of Youths, Kelis, Darude, The Veronicas, Supergrass, Mallrat, The Cat Empire, and 17 other Australian and international acts.
See photos of last year's festival:
On Friday, March 13, the federal government announced gatherings of more than 500 people should not go ahead.
"Unfortunately, GTM is unable to reschedule the 2020 events due to the uncertainty surrounding how long the ban will be in place for, along with the logistics involved with coordinating six venues across six states and territories to align with each other, and the schedules of both our national and international artists," festival organisers said.
Ticket holders can keep their tickets for 2021, or receive a refund.
Organisers are expected to soon provide details on how ticket holders can access a refund or flag their intention to attend next year's festival.
Thousands of music lovers from Bendigo and further afield have flocked to the Prince of Wales Showgrounds for the event each year.
It has been held in the city every year since 2009.
We have removed our paywall from our stories about the coronavirus. This is a rapidly changing situation and we want to make sure our readers are as informed as possible. If you would like to support our journalists you can subscribe here.