THE Country Fire Authority has advised people in and around Wycheproof to monitor warnings following a bushfire near the Calder Highway.
The fire was travelling in an easterly direction near the highway, but is now under control.
Firefighters are on scene.
Smoke might be visible from nearby roads and communities.
The CFA has issued advice for the communities of Wycheproof, Dumosa, Narraport and Towaninny South.
It has recommended people monitor warnings so they could act quickly if the situation changed.
- If you need medical advice for burns or exposure to smoke, seek medical advice or call Nurse on Call on 1300 606 024.
- Anyone experiencing wheezing, chest tightness and difficulty breathing should call Triple Zero (000).
If you can see or smell smoke, please note:
- Smoke can affect people's health.
- People with heart or lung conditions (including asthma), children, pregnant women and older people are more sensitive to the effects of breathing in smoke.
- People with existing heart or lung conditions (including asthma) should follow the treatment plan advised by the doctor.
Have you signed up to the Bendigo Advertiser's daily newsletter and breaking news emails? You can register below and make sure you are up to date with everything that's happening in central Victoria.