The Bendigo Fighting Miners face a mixture or familiar and new faces this season.
After some changes to Rugby Victoria's divisions, the team will play in the Premiership Reserves.
"A lot of the teams in the division we played two or three years ago," Miners senior leadership player Ryan Spedding said.
"A lot of them are quite big clubs from Melbourne with junior teams all the way through to seniors with multiple divisions."
Among the teams on the Miners' radar is Cerberus, a squad made up of Royal Australian Navy personnel.
The Miners defeated Cerebrus 22-7 to win the Victorian Rugby Union Division 2B premiership in 2015.
"That year they were undefeated until the grand final, but every year they have major changes to their team as some members move inter-state etc," Spedding said.
"So there is a big question mark against them as they could be a major standout for the season."
Miners start the season at home with a match against Eltham.
Spedding said it was ideal to kick off the season with a match on home turf.
"It's a nice way to start, especially as it is our 50th year, it will give us a home-ground advantage, always nice to have the crowd behind you," he said.
- April 4 v Eltham (H) 3.15pm
- April 18 v Monash (A) 3.15pm
- April 25 (Anzac Day) v Maroondah (A) 3.15pm
- May 2 v Cerberus (H) 3.15pm
- May 9 v Melbourne 4s (A) 3.15pm
- May 16 v Ballarat (H) 3.15pm
- May 23 v Melton (A) 3.15pm
- May 30 v Melbourne Chargers (A) 1.35pm
- June 6 (Queen's Birthday and 50th anniversary) Current v Old Boys (H) TBA
- June 13 v Brimbank (H) 3.15pm
- June 20 v Northern (A) 1.35pm
- June 27 v Kiwi-Hawthorn (H) 3.15pm