Bendigo golfer Lucas Herbert has secured his 2020 European tour card after a top 20 finish at the Open de France.
Herbert has jumped up eight spots on the Race to Dubai standings from 106 ton 98 after France, and with just one full-field event remaining before the much anticipated finals series begins he has enough points to retain his tour card.
The 23-year-old Neangar Park product finished T14 at the Open de France to earn 41.2 valuable points for his 2020 tour card.
He scored round of 71,73,65 and 70 and finished at five under-par.
During the final round Herbert parred the first but then was hindered by a bogey on the par-three second hole.
However, he kept control of the ball for the remainder of the round knocking in two birdies and the rest pars.
Fellow Australian Jason Scrivener finished T26, Deyen Lawson T40 and Jake McLeod 71st.
The tournament was won by Belgian Nicolas Colsaerts who finished 12 under-par.
Herbert's top season finishes
- Dubai Desert Classic: T7 15-under par
- ISPS Handa Vic Open: T37 six-under par
- Maybank Championship: T25 six-under par
- British Masters: T35 five-under par
- BMW International Open: T49 two-under par
- European Masters: T8 12-under par
- Italian Open: T34 three-under par
- Open de France: T14 five-under par
Have you signed up to the Bendigo Advertiser's daily newsletter and breaking news emails? You can register below and make sure you are up to date with everything that's happening in central Victoria.