A magistrate has denied bail to a man who allegedly threatened to kill two people last month.
Andrew Di Blasi application in the Bendigo Magistrates' Court was opposed by the police because they claimed he posed an unacceptable risk to the safety of any person, was likely to offend on bail and was likely to fail to appear on bail.
It was alleged the 24-year-old asked a man he knew for money on August 27.
When the man said he had no spare money to give, Mr Di Blasi allegedly said, "Well I'm going to get a shotgun and come and shoot you".
Police prosecutor Paul Bush said the victim told police he was fearful the alleged threat would be carried out.
Two days later, a woman rang triple-zero "hysterical", telling the operator Mr Di Blasi had threatened to kill her.
The operator allegedly heard Mr Di Blasi screaming in the background.
The court was told Mr Di Blasi allegedly became aggressive and threatened to kill the woman when she declined to have sex with him, then threatened to kill himself and walked away.
Senior Constable Bush said the woman refused to make a statement, but police observed she was shaken.
More court news: White Hills armed robbery accused appears in court
Representing himself, Mr Di Blasi said he had a job lined up in Melbourne with a friend and a counsellor to help him get on track with his mental health.
He said he also had a friend who was willing to accommodate him so he could "straighten out [his] life".
But magistrate Simon Zebrowski said he needed evidence and Mr Di Blasi's submissions did not satisfy the exceptional circumstances needed for bail to be granted.
Mr Zebrowski refused the application and adjourned the matter to September 24.
Have you signed up to the Bendigo Advertiser's daily newsletter and breaking news emails? You can register below and make sure you are up to date with everything that's happening in central Victoria.