A man charged with drug trafficking on three separate occasions this year has been refused bail, with the magistrate determining he poses an unacceptable risk of offending.
Jackson Hilson applied for bail in the Bendigo Magistrates' Court on Friday after he was charged last month with offences including drug trafficking and handling stolen goods.
On July 25 police raided his home in Ironbark and found items that included six ziplock bags containing a substance believed to be methamphetamine, vials containing a liquid, eight bags containing pills and a ziplock bag containing capsules.
Among the other items discovered were shotgun shells and other ammunition, a compound bow, arrows, a sword and knife, stolen bags of Bendigo Rugby clothing, bank cards and a licence not in his name, a drill, a grinder, a camera, a laptop, multiple phones, 10 SIM cards and a tool chest.
At the time Mr Hilson was on bail for two sets of charges, dating from March and May.
More court news: Prison possible for man who flew into rage at former employer
The March charges arose after police searched Mr Hilson's home and found the prescription drug clonazepam, cannabis seeds, methamphetamine and amphetamine with cutting agents, electronic scales, numerous deal bags, two cannabis plants, tick sheets, a container of GHB, and other items.
In May, police again searched the home and found items that included cannabis seeds, a magazine of .22 ammunition and an iPad stolen from a primary school.
Police informant Constable Joel Peters told the court there were "quite a large number" of text messages related to trafficking on Mr Hilson's phone, which was seized in the most recent raid.
More court news: Trial set for woman involved in crash that killed four
He said the items found last month were located in Mr Hilson's bedroom, a lounge room directly off it and a deck leading from the lounge room.
Constable Peters said he was concerned for the safety of the community should Mr Hilson be released.
Mr Hilson's father told the court he was prepared to offer a surety of $5000 and would inform police were his son to offend on bail.
He said he would also ensure Mr Hilson attended any appointments while on a bail program.
But magistrate Megan Aumair refused bail and remanded Mr Hilson in custody to appear at court again next month.
Have you signed up to the Bendigo Advertiser's daily newsletter and breaking news emails? You can register below and make sure you are up to date with everything that's happening in central Victoria.
Sign up for our newsletter to stay up to date.