SUMMER is almost here! We asked the locals what are their Top nine things they like to do in summer, and here they are.
• Kick back a few at a beer garden and enjoy some live tunes. Top pick: Handle Bar where craft beer is flowing.
• Ice-cream! Two scoop minimum is best! Top pick: Favourite Flavours is for a scoop or two on a hot day – you won’t be disappointed!
• Embrace your inner artist! Visit airconditioned Bendigo Art Gallery or watch an amazing performance at The Capital or Ulumbarra Theatre.
• Go underground at Central Deborah Gold Mine where it’s cool 24/7. Averaging 14 degrees underground, you might even have to pack a jumper!
To read more stories in the magazine click on the flip book here
• Stay cool at Lake Eppalock; bring your fishing rod, banana boat and your favourite togs.
• Take the kids to the ’gold rush’ themed Long Gully Splash Park or check out the state of the art facilities and pools and splash park at the newly opened Gurri Wanyarra Wellbeing Centre.
Don’t forget the amazing Summer in the Parks program, the Pop Up cinema, and music in the parks- there are a host of free or low cost outdoor events for you!
• Who can say no to a good picnic or barbecue? Top pick: Rosalind Park for picnic, Lake Weeroona or Bendigo Botanic Gardens for a good old Aussie barbie!
• Ride like Cadel Evans! There are cycling trails tailored to all fitness levels! Need a bike? No problems
– pick up your hired Brompton Bike from the Wine Bank on View.
• Don’t forget the amazing Summer in the Parks program! Pop Up cinema, music in the parks, there are a host of free or low cost outdoor events for you!
For more tips and information please visit www.bendigotoursim.com