IS GENDER parity a concern for you?
It should be.
The World Economic Forum’s 2017 Global Gender Gap Report found the gender gap could be closed in 100 years.
But some areas are particularly challenging – at this rate the economic gender gap is unlikely to be closed for another 217 years.
With this in mind, the International Women’s Day 2018 campaign theme is #PressforProgess.
The campaign calls for people to commit to a “gender parity mindset” via progressive action.
Show your support locally
Show your support internationally
The International Women’s Day website offers some some examples of positive behaviours, such as:
- maintaining a gender parity mindset
- challenging stereotypes and bias
- forging positive visibility of women
- influencing others' beliefs and actions; and
- celebrating women's achievements
Learn more and choose your action at the IWD website.