Bendigo firefighters have issued a warning after a heater fire in Bendigo last night.
Country Fire Authority crews were called to a Strathdale home about 8pm on Sunday after a gas heater caught fire.
20:03 Powells Av, Strathdale - Structure going (CFA district 2) https://t.co/Z1i7DkehHJ— Incident Alert - D02 (@IncidentAlert02) July 16, 2017
Senior station officer Craig Houlahan said residents were watching TV at the time of the fire, which started in the lounge room of the Powells Avenue address.
No damage was done to the house, with crews managing to contain the blaze to the heater.
Mr Houlahan said the heater’s filters hadn’t been cleaned properly and the fire was caused by a build-up of dust.
“All heating appliances should be checked and maintenance kept up,” he said.