SENIOR football will return to Kennington's Harry Trott Oval for the first time in more than 20 years on Saturday.
The South Bendigo Football Netball Club is now one step closer in calling the oval home.
Bloods president Rick Townsend said moving the club’s base from the QEO to Harry Trott Oval was part of reviving the club’s identity.
“Our future begins on Saturday,” he said.
“It is a great opportunity for us to engage the community and build more support.”
As part of the move to Harry Trott a new community facility will be developed.
“We share the QEO with Sandhurst and Bendigo Gold so our training structure has been compromised,” he said.
“Harry Trott is now our training base for the seniors and next year the juniors will come out.”
South Bendigo captain Aaron Connaughton said he was excited about the move.
“The club’s focus has been about building a home base and building its own community and this weekend is a step in the right direction,” he said.
As part of South Bendigo’s move new arrangements have been made for the Sandhurst Junior Football Club, the Marist Dockers Football Club and the Bendigo Junior Football League who previously used the ground.
Townsend has also been talking with the Bendigo United Cricket Club, the tennis club and residents.
South Bendigo plays Eaglehawk in all three football matches at Harry Trott Oval this round.