A man has been airlifted to The Alfred hospital with burns to 30 per cent of his body after a houseboat flash fire on Lake Eildon marina.
It is understood the 24-year-old was servicing a houseboat when the engine sparked, causing spilt fuel to ignite at about 1pm Wednesday.
About 10 Country Fire Authority firefighters attended, using the CFA boat to transport the man to the Ambulance Victoria crew.
An Ambulance Victoria spokesman said the man had burns to his body, including burns to his hands, face and airways.
He was put into a coma and airlifted to The Alfred hospital's burns unit.
An hospital spokesman said the man was in a serious, but stable condition.