A MAN accused of harassing people and damaging property around Bendigo has been refused bail.
The 46-year-old man appeared in the Bendigo Magistrates' Court last week after he was charged with offences including contravening an intervention order
Police alleged on September 4 last year, the man exposed himself to a random woman in Bendigo after she refused to give him a cigarette.
Read more court: Erratic driver jailed for Calder Freeway incident
The court heard later that day, the man became aggressive while at the home of an associate. He allegedly threatened to kill the woman and her child.
On September 14, the man allegedly followed the child as she walked home from the bus stop, yelling abuse. The woman was with the girl throughout the alleged incident.
Police alleged the man also flung rocks at the pair with a slingshot. He also allegedly exposed himself.
The court heard the man left the property before returning the next day and allegedly threatening to pour petrol on their house and burn it down.
He was arrested the next day and released on bail.
Police alleged on September 19, the 46-year-old stabbed a woman with a pair of scissors and hit her during a dispute in her home.
Read more court: Man admits to sending 'degrading' messages to a young girl
She reported the alleged incident to police on September 21 and the man was arrested. He was again released on bail on September 28.
The next day, he allegedly assaulted a Bendigo worker who was trying to help him find employment.
Police alleged he also used a fire hose to douse several computers during an incident at the same site on December 2.
The man was remanded in custody on January 4 after a warrant was issued.
The court heard the 46-year-old had an extensive list of prior convictions and there were interstate police warrants out for him.
The 46-year-old, who represented himself in court, told the magistrate the prosecution was lying about the offending.
Magistrate Russell Kelly said the man had not shown any reason as to why he should be released on bail, especially with his prior criminal history.
Mr Kelly refused bail and the man was remanded in custody. The 46-year-old is due to return to court next month.
Our journalists work hard to provide local, up-to-date news to the community. This is how you can access our trusted content:
Sign up for our newsletter to stay up to date.