RSPCA Victoria will have a range of fun, engaging and educational programs available these school holidays, suitable for animal lovers of all ages.
For the first time, the programs will be available in different formats to suit a variety of audiences - including face to face sessions which are a great option for working parents in Melbourne, as well as virtual programs for those who prefer to participate from the comfort of their home or regional areas.
RSPCA Victoria Education and Training manager Belinda Marchbank said the classes, taught by professional educators at RSPCA Victoria, offer something for any child with an interest in or love of animals.
"Our School Holiday program this year will offer great variety and choice for kids, providing the opportunity to learn about animal welfare while nurturing their love of all living creatures,' she said.
There are also programs that you can do as a family for some special holiday time for adults and kids together.
"And while there's some great free virtual options available to everyone no matter where you're located, there's also affordable face-to-face offerings that would make a great present for any child."
RSPCA Victoria's school holiday program runs from January 10 to 21, with a selection of classes provided free-of-charge.
Paid programs will be $49 for children aged 5-7 years, or $85 for children aged 7-16 years.
Some of the programs on offer include:
- Jnr barn crew on-farm visit - Welcome budding farmers to RSPCA's barn and paddocks
- Canine companions - Explore the many ways RSPCA Victoria helps dogs in the community and meet some of our happy hounds
- Story time with guinea pigs - Let's read a book together from the guinea pig enclosure
- First aid for pets - Learn about how to help your pet in an emergency
- All creatures arts and crafts - Meeting our animals will provide plenty of creative inspiration for budding artists and photographers
- What to do for wildlife - A family session
Visit RSPCA Victoria's website to find out more or to book go to rspcavic.org/services/education-and-learning/holiday-programs
Our journalists work hard to provide local, up-to-date news to the community. This is how you can access our trusted content: