The Shamrock Hotel is back open for business after today's flooding.
Owner Ray Sharawra said the burst pipe was a human error and that during routine fire testing a staff member accidentally broke the pipe - causing gallons of water to flood the hotel.
"Water flowed into the sports bar and a bit into the cellar, but most of the water went out onto the street", Mr Sharawra said.
Industrial carpet cleaners were working on the closed front section of the bar on Thursday afternoon, however the bar and pokie machines were back open.
Mr Sharawra also said he had spent all afternoon on the phone to his insurance companies.
"They've just said to get everything done, they're gonna cover it," he said.
The hotel owner considered himself lucky that the situation wasn't worse.
"There's heaps of electrics in the cellar, we're super fortunate none of them are damaged," he said.
"The SES and firefighters got here really quickly.
"Luckily we had sandbags on the premises so we could protect the inside - that was a godsend."
An employee of the Shamrock Hotel said the staff were conducting a routine fire test when the sprinkler simply burst.
Staff were forced to evacuate when they were unable to stop it and the building began to flood.
Emergency services arrived as water began flowing onto Pall Mall, and were able to turn the sprinkler off just after 12pm.
Currently workers are working alongside SES to minimise water damage to the building by using brooms and sandbags to push the water out of the hotel.
An eyewitness said the water had reached the basement - it will need to be pumped out.
The extent of the damage is unknown.
A sprinkler system has burst inside the Shamrock Hotel on Thursday morning.
Water is currently flowing onto Pall Mall.
SES and CFA are on scene but the road has not yet been closed off to traffic.
SES have confirmed sandbags are on the way.
More to come.
Our journalists work hard to provide local, up-to-date news to the community. This is how you can access our trusted content: