After all hope seemed lost just one week ago, Bendigo's Carols by Candlelight has been given the green light to proceed in 2021.
Cancelled last year due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the popular event was set to miss again due to issues around organising a COVID-safe plan and the ability to check the vaccination status of patrons.
However, the Victorian Government's recent lifting of restrictions led to renewed hope.
Rotary Club of Bendigo, which organises the event, attended a meeting with the City of Greater Bendigo this morning to look at requirements for holding Carols by Candlelight at Rosalind Park and emerged triumphant.
Rotary club officials were concerned about having to fence the area off and check the vaccination status of those attending but this morning's meeting confirmed that won't be required.
Club president Tom Dobeli said it was a great result.
"It's really good news and I think the Bendigo community deserves some good news in relation to events," he said.
It will be the 50th staging of the event, bringing joy back to families at Christmas time after prolonged periods of COVID-19 enforced lockdowns.
Carols by Candlelight will be held on Sunday, December 19 at Rosalind Park from 6.30pm.
Our journalists work hard to provide local, up-to-date news to the community. This is how you can access our trusted content:
Sign up for our newsletter to stay up to date.