The cast and crew of Bendigo Theatre Company's production of We Will Rock You have been nominated for 13 Music Theatre Guild of Victoria awards.
We Will Rock You came to life at the Ulumbarra Theatre in Bendigo in July.
BTC president Bevan Madden said the company already knew the show was a success without the nominations.
"We were lucky enough to get one of our show's up and off the ground this year, considering the year that we had was not easy," he said.
"We are lucky enough to be nominated in 13 categories out of 12.
"It's really exciting."
Mr Madden said getting so many nominations was an incredible feeling.
"These nominations are a credit to everyone that put the hard work in," he said.
"Community theatre is a team sport and everyone did an amazing job getting the production up and running, there have been thousands of hours put into this production so to see these nominations, it's incredibly humbling."
The show has been nominated for production of the year while Taylah Chisholm and Liam Brown were both nominated for their leading roles.
The full list of Bendigo Theatre Company Nominations is:
- Production of the Year - We Will Rock You
- Musical Direction - Shaun Critten
- Choreography - Claire Sexton
- Settings - Vern Wall
- Costumes - Danika Hill
- Sound - Greg Ginger
- Male in a Leading Role - Liam Brown (Galileo)
- Female in a Leading Role - Taylah Chisholm (Scaramouche)
- Male in a Supporting Role - Conor Cunningham (Buddy) & Daniel Sexton (Khashoggi)
- Female in a Supporting Role - Alice Bottomley (Oz)
- Dancer's Award - Kira Walker (Slash/Ensemble)
- Ensemble - The Ensemble, We Will Rock You
The winners of the MTGV 'Bruce' Awards will be announced on Saturday, December 11 at 7pm.
Mr Madden wished all nominees good luck for the awards.
Our journalists work hard to provide local, up-to-date news to the community. This is how you can access our trusted content: