BENDIGO Real Estate has confirmed their office has been identified as a tier two exposure site.
On a Facebook post on Saturday, the team said a number of staff had been in contact with a positive COVID-19 case.
"DHHS has advised us late today that we are a Tier 2 site with dates associated October 8 and 11," the post said.
"We had already activated our COVIDsafe Plan this morning prior to DHHS contacting us.
"We made the decision to cancel all our registered appointments on Saturday and until further notice.
"We have closed our office for a professional deep clean which is scheduled for tomorrow Sunday morning.
"Our affected team members have been tested today and are isolating."
MARIST College principal Darren McGregor has provided an update for the school community on their recent COVID-19 exposure
In a post on Facebook on Sunday, he asked all families to "remain calm" as they await test results.
"As of 4:30pm we still have no result of the test the student had early Saturday morning," the post said.
"While waiting there has been an enormous amount of preparation that we have been able to do.
"If the student tests positive then we are ready to immediately work with Bendigo Health to provide the details of students and staff with the different levels of contact.
"If we do pass on information of a positive test result then I urge you to trust our systems and not worry or react unless we or Bendigo Health make contact.
"In essence, my message is that no news is good news and please keep yourself and your family calm."
THE Bendigo Advertiser understands a number of schools around the city have been exposed to COVID-19.
It is believed parents have received notifications from Brady Bunch Early Learning Bendigo, Kennington Primary School and Victory Christian College that say members of their school communities have come into contact with positive cases.
A parent has said Brady Bunch confirmed a COVID-19 positive case was there on October 8 between 1.06pm and 2.30pm.
The message said the centre had closed for deep cleaning and families who attended the building on that day should get tested and isolate until they obtain a negative result.
Parents were told a case attended Strathfieldsaye Goodstart Early Learning Centre on October 8.
Victory Christian College has said they will have a pupil free day on Monday, October 18 and the Kennington and Maiden Gully primary schools will close for 24 hours as a precaution.
October 17, 11am
BENDIGO Wholefoods has confirmed it is no longer a COVID-19 exposure site.
In a post on social media, staff said they had been contacted by the Department of Health.
"We have just heard from the Public Health Team that we are not going to be listed as an exposure site," the post said.
"If you see us up on it, don't panic - that is an accident that they are rectifying.
"The only close contacts are kitchen staff which means we still need to close the cafe side until October 23 due to lack of staff."
PRATTY'S Patch has been identified as a tier two exposure site.
In a social media post on Saturday, the team confirmed that the Department of Health had been in contact.
"Unfortunately we have just been notified that we have been listed as a tier 2 exposure site on Saturday," the post said.
"If you attended Pratty's Patch on Saturday, October 9 between 7pm and 9pm please get tested and isolate until you receive a negative result.
"We will be closed for the rest of the weekend - we will reopen Wednesday at 11am.
"All bookings have been cancelled until Wednesday evening."
Intersport Bicknalls has closed its doors after a COVID-19 positive case contacted staff to say they had visited the store.
A staff member posted on Facebook, confirming the news.
"We have been notified by a confirmed COVID case that he/she was in our store Monday, October 11 around 3:15pm (this hasn't been confirmed by DHHS)," the post said.
"We have not received confirmation from DHHS about what Tier this will be, but we will temporarily close our store until we receive advice from DHHS.
"We will deep clean the store and all staff who had contact with the case will be tested and are isolating."
MARIST College Bendigo has confirmed the parent of one of their students has tested positive to COVID-19.
In a post on social media, principal Darren McGregor encouraged students and families to stay vigilant and get tested if concerns or symptoms develop.
"Last night one of our parents was informed they have tested positive for COVID-19. We wish this person all the best at this challenging time for them," the post said.
"Their child has developed symptoms and was tested early this morning. The child is a student in our Champagnat Learning Experience.
"We are now waiting for this student to receive their results, but the advice we have received is to be proactive in our response."
Mr McGregor said the school would close on Monday with some students continuing online learning.
"Monday will be a student free day for all year levels at Marist except for Unit 4 classes, which will run online," he said.
"We will not be able to offer supervision for students on Monday.
"I will communicate with our community as we gain more information. I ask that we all remain calm at this time and act responsibly."
BUNJA Thai restaurant in Bendigo has confirmed it has been identified as a tier two exposure site.
In a social media post, the business confirmed they would be closing after being contacted by the Department of Health.
A staff member who visited an exposure site worked at the restaurant on October 14 between 5pm and 8.30pm and October 15 between 10am and 2pm.
They also worked at the venue on October 15 between 5pm and 10pm.
"We will be closing Saturday until further notice," the post said.
"All staff will be getting tested to ensure that they are clear and ready to work when we reopen.
"We're deeply sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding at this time."
ANOTHER Bendigo business has closed its doors as it was identified as a tier one exposure site on Saturday morning.
The Department of Health confirmed The Dispensary Bar and Diner in Chancery Lane was exposed to COVID-19 when a positive case attended the venue on October 9.
The business took to social media on Friday night saying the doors would be closed as a precaution.
"Friends of The Dispensary, we are being extremely cautious and have decided to close our restaurant for the weekend after hearing of a possible close contact to a case of COVID-19," the Facebook post said.
"The case in question may have not been infectious while in our venue, but we are not willing to take the risk.
"Erring on the side of caution, we have pre-empted possible requirements from DHHS and activated our COVIDsafe plan to ensure there is no exposure to any of our staff or guests.
"All of our staff have been tested and told to isolate until we have more information."
Staff said reservations would be cancelled until the venue reopened and thanked customers for their patience.
"We sincerely wish to thank you all for your patience and understanding at this time," they said.
"Hopefully see you very soon Bendigo."
The case was at the venue between 10:32pm and 12:00am on October 9.
The Department has also identified a number of sites in Maldon as tier one exposure sites.
A COVID-19 positive person visited:
- Vanilla Spice on October 10 between 1:30pm and 2:30pm
- The Maldon Lolly Shop on October 10 between 2:00pm and 3:00pm
Anyone who has visited this location during these times must get tested immediately and quarantine for 14 days from the exposure.
Our journalists work hard to provide local, up-to-date news to the community. This is how you can access our trusted content: