BENDIGO residents are continuing to roll up their sleeves and get vaccinated, with more than 92 per cent of those eligible for a jab having had at least one dose of the vaccine.
Federal government data released late Monday shows 92.5 per cent of eligible residents aged 15 and over in the Bendigo statistical region had received at least one jab, with the community now reaching the 90 per cent threshold.
Bendigo is also one step closer to reaching the 70 per cent double dose milestone with 67.2 per cent.
Elsewhere, 91.5 per cent of Ballarat residents have had at least one jab and 63.7 per cent are fully vaccinated; in Warrnambool 95 per cent of residents have had one vaccination and 69.6 per cent are fully vaccinated, and in Shepparton 94.3 per cent have had one dose of vaccine and 63.9 per cent are fully vaccinated.
Bendigo Health chairman Bob Cameron said reaching the milestone was a great step forward for the community.
"The next thing that we want to do is to hit 96 per cent first dose and we want to do that in the next month before Victoria opens up," he told media last week.
"Once we open up, there will be a lot of people moving around the state, case numbers will go up and if you're vaccinated then you will be safe from getting a serious disease.
"Let's try and get there and let's get as high as we can."
Meanwhile, new tier 1 venues in regional Victoria have been added to the state's list of COVID-19 exposure sites overnight.
The National Hotel Complex is the latest Bendigo venue to be listed as a tier one exposure site.
Anybody who attended the venue on Monday, October 4 from 6.56pm-9.30pm must get tested immediately and quarantine for 14 days.
Our journalists work hard to provide local, up-to-date news to the community. This is how you can access our trusted content: