NO NEW COVID-19 cases have been uncovered in the Mount Alexander Shire since yesterday.
The area currently has seven active cases.
The latest number show that Macedon Ranges has added another two cases.
More on the wider region's developments can be found here.
ONE MORE Castlemaine venue has been added to the Department of Health's exposure site list..
Nurture One's Ray Street Children's Centre has been listed as a tier two site.
Anyone who attended between the following times must urgently get tested and isolate until they have a negative test:
So far this weekend, the following Castlemaine venues have been added to the list: the Maxi IGA, Cookie Crumbs, Kmart's K Hub, Stock Gifts and Gallery, Vinnies Castlemaine and Castlemaine Health.
More details on those potential exposures can be found below.
FIVE new Castlemaine exposure sites have been named tonight in a period that has seen eight new COVID-19 cases confirmed in central Victoria, including extra ones in Bendigo.
(We have a full wrap of the day's developments here, including the two in Bendigo).
The new Castlemaine stores come on top of Castlemaine locations already added in the last 24 hours.
Anyone who attended the Maxi IGA on the following days and times must isolate immediately and seek a COVID-19 test.
The same goes for anyone who visited Cookie Crumbs between:
The same goes for those who visited KMart Castlemaine K Hub between
Hot Variety Castlemaine:
Stock Gifts and Gallery:
The Department of health says that some people who were at the site at the same times are being considered tier one contacts.
"[They are] required to quarantine for 14 days and the Department will be in contact with them directly with this advice," the department said.
THE Castlemaine Vintage Bazaar says it has been contacted by Victoria's health department to say it is investigating a confirmed case of COVID-19 that visited its site.
The visit was made last Sunday between 1.10pm and 2.40pm, the bazaar said on a post to Facebook.
"All staff, stallholders and customers present during this period need to get tested immediately and go into quarantine until they receive a negative result," it said.
"We have contacted our staff and stallholders who worked that day.
All Tier 2 casual contacts will be required to test and isolate until they receive a negative result. They will receive an SMS with this advice."
The business said it was working with the Department of Health and following all procedures asked for, including testing and site cleaning.
The site is yet to appear on the department's exposure site tracking website.
A CASTLEMAINE op-shop has been named a tier two COVID-19 exposure site.
Vinnies Castlemaine is the second site to be classed an exposure site in the past 24 hours behind Castlemaine Health.
Someone who visited the Barker Street store between 12.38pm and 1.15pm on Monday had the virus, the Department of Health says.
Anyone who visited the shop during those times has been ordered to urgently get tested and isolate until they get confirmation of a negative test result.
"Continue to monitor for symptoms, get tested again if symptoms appear," the department said.
Earlier this week, Castlemaine Health chief executive Sue Race said eight staff members had been tested for COVID-19 and had returned negative results.
"You always dread this as a health service... but we've been able to contain this very quickly," Ms Race said.
A Castlemaine business owner closed three of her stores on Friday after a staff member tested positive for coronavirus.
The stores were Stocks Gifts and Gallery, Ivy and Grace and Aolita.
The news of the newest exposure site comes on a day when the state recorded its highest ever increase in new cases for one 24 hour period.
Our journalists work hard to provide local, up-to-date news to the community. This is how you can access our trusted content:
Sign up for our newsletter to stay up to date.