TWO more exposure sites have been added across central Victoria this afternoon:
Romsey - Parkwood Green Medical Centre, Tuesday, September 21, Between 1:30pm - 2:50pm
Riddells Creek - Spices & Pestle, Tuesday, September 21, 5:30pm - 7:45pm
Both these locations have been deemed tier one exposure sites.
Anyone who has visited either location during these times must get tested immediately and quarantine for 14 days from the exposure.
FOUR of Monday's new COVID-19 cases were recorded in the Macedon Ranges, Victorian COVID commander Jeroen Weimar has revealed.
All are connected to known cases.
Another two people from the Mitchell Shire to the east have been registered as active cases, includes an electrician whose case has been linked to a Melbourne worksite, Mr Weimar said.
"We have 12 cases today in regional Victoria and again a reduction on where we have been over the past few days," he said.
PREMIER Daniel Andrews has promised new money for doctors and pharmacists to ramp up vaccinations but regional Victorian details are yet to be revealed.
Pharmacies in 11 Melbourne local government areas where vaccination rates are lower than average will get grants for pop-up clinics first, especially for those who lack space or for some other reason are struggling with barriers, Mr Andrews said..
"That will mean that GPs and community pharmacies can use the full allocation of vaccines that are given to them," he said.
"They can run extra hours, they can see more patients. They can have more people go through the vaccination program that they are running, because we're finding those commonsense things that have been barriers."
Those groups are moving into an intense phase of the rollout as new Moderna vaccine doses arrive in the state, Mr Andrews said.
VICTORIA has recorded 705 new COVID-19 cases and one person has died in the 24 hours to midnight.
It is the lowest daily total of new cases since last Tuesday when the state first broke the 700-cases-a-day mark.
There are 8538 active cases, the Department of Health says.
Another 29,657 people have received vaccinations on a day when the Victorian government revealed Bendigo businesses would be part of a new trial into the way a reopened economy could work.
Business group Be.Bendigo has cautiously welcomed a "vaccine economy" trial which would allow venues to allow double-jabbed patrons to attend in greater numbers.
Meanwhile, an extra 51,252 people were tested for COVID-19 on Sunday.
Bendigo Health also announced it is scaling back its testing program after a major blitz last week.
Its Bendigo Showgrounds and Kyneton Showgrounds sites will not open on Monday though other testing centres remain operational.
The health service says the demand first triggered by the listing of new Bendigo exposure sites more than a week ago has subsided.
V/Line is also returning key Bendigo train services to full service on Monday, two weeks after 300 staff were forced into isolation because of the outbreak.
Some early morning commuters were delayed by engine troubles on one train, V/Line tweeted.
No other morning services were affected.
Our journalists work hard to provide local, up-to-date news to the community. This is how you can access our trusted content: