CORONAVIRUS testing will be scaled back in Bendigo and Kyneton from Monday.
The Bendigo Showgrounds and Kyneton Showgrounds sites will finish up at the close of business on Sunday.
Drive-through and walk-in testing will still be available at Bendigo's McLaren Street site from 8.30am to 5.30pm.
Priority testing will be available for healthcare workers, pre-operation patients, and truck drivers via the walk-in clinic.
These people must make themselves known to security staff and bring work ID or relevant pre-operation documentation.
Kyneton Health will operate its usual testing sites from Monday.
About 1000 people were tested for COVID-19 in Bendigo at the weekend, while 250 people were tested at the Kyneton Showgrounds.
"We encourage people to monitor the Department of Health exposure site website and get tested if they have COVID-19 symptoms or have visited a known exposure site," a Bendigo Health spokesperson said.
ONE new COVID-19 case has been recorded in Greater Bendigo.
COVID commander Jeroen Weimar said the case was one of 20 listed in regional Victoria, including six in Greater Geelong, five in the Mitchell Shire, and two in Ballarat.
Mr Weimar all of the regional cases - with the exception of those in the Mitchell Shire - were "reasonably linked and understood".
It comes after three people who were working at a Goornong construction site tested positive to COVID-19 on Saturday.
Those cases were connected to the V/Line contractor who returned a positive test last week.
A number of Bendigo exposure sites have been listed as a result of the confirmed COVID-19 cases.
On Sunday, Minister Martin Pakula also announced the City of Greater Bendigo and the Buloke Shire would be part of a 'vaccinated economy' trial.
Mr Pakula said the trial, which was expected to start on October 11, would involve industries like hospitality, hair and beauty, and tourism.
Under the trial, patron caps at venues and events will be expanded as all attendees will have to be fully vaccinated.
Read other news: New Bendigo Greens candidate shares her key policy issues
"Businesses and events are on the front line of this vital campaign to keep Victorians safe and our economy recovering strongly," Mr Pakula said.
"We'll do the work on these trials and provide businesses with the support they need to maintain and build on the gains that continue to be enabled by vaccination."
COVID-19 restrictions are also expected to ease slightly from Tuesday night as the state reaches its 80 per cent first dose target.
In regional Victoria, outdoor settings for restaurants and cafes will have their outdoor venue cap increase from 20 to 30 people.
Masks can also be removed for some services in hair and beauty salons, so facials and beard trimmings can recommence.
Our journalists work hard to provide local, up-to-date news to the community. This is how you can access our trusted content: