ANOTHER 847 new COVID-19 cases have been recorded in Victoria - the highest daily case total since the pandemic started.
The new locally-acquired coronavirus cases take the state's active case tally to 7611.
A further 59,342 people were tested for the virus on Friday, while 37,220 vaccines were administered.
One Victorian with COVID-19 has also died.
It comes as more than 100 people are in isolation after a V/Line contractor, who was working in Bendigo, tested positive to COVID-19 on Thursday.
A Bendigo Health spokesperson confirmed the hospital was working with V/Line, the Department of Health, and other agencies to investigate the outbreak associated with the Huntly-Goornong upgrade.
A number of new tier two exposure sites were listed in Bendigo on Friday night. The sites and exposure periods were:
- Bendigo Bakers Delight on Lyttleton Terrace, September 21, between 9am and 9.45am
- Chemist Discount Centre on Queen Street, September 21, between 9.15am and 9.50am
- The Good Guys Bendigo on Williamson Street, September 22, between 10.30am and 11.15am
- Dan Murphy's Bendigo on Garsed Street, September 22, between 11am and 11.45am
It came after the Quality Lakeside Hotel on Napier Street was listed as a tier two site on Thursday. The exposure periods were listed as:
- September 19 between 12am and 6am
- September 19 between 6.30pm and 11.59pm
- September 20 between 12am and 6am
- September 20 between 6pm and 11.59pm
- September 21 between 12am and 6am
- September 21 between 6pm and 11.59am
- September 22 between 12am and 6am
The department said some people would be considered tier one contacts and have to isolate for 14 days. Contact tracers will directly contact those people.
The Brumby's Bakery in The Village Epsom was another tier two site, with the exposure period between 9.15am and 9.55am on September 19.
Anyone who visited any of the tier two sites during those times should urgently get tested, then isolate until confirmation of a negative result.
There will be coronavirus testing available at the following locations on Saturday:
- Bendigo Showgrounds (drive-through) between 8.30am and 5.30pm
- McLaren Street (walk-in) - healthcare workers, pre-operation tests, and truck drivers can go between 8.30an and 10am; it will be open to the general public from 10am to 5.30pm
- Kyneton Showgrounds (drive-through) between 8.30am and 5pm
The latest exposure site information can be found at: coronavirus.vic.gov.au/case-alerts-public-exposure-sites/
Our journalists work hard to provide local, up-to-date news to the community. This is how you can access our trusted content: