MORE than 100 primary close contacts are in isolation after a V/Line contractor tested positive to COVID-19 in Bendigo.
A Bendigo Health spokesperson confirmed the hospital was working with V/Line, the Department of Health, and other agencies to investigate the outbreak associated with the Huntly-Goornong upgrade.
More than 100 workplace primary close contacts have been identified.
Those close contacts have been instructed to seek testing and quarantine at home.
The spokesperson said Bendigo Health would continue to follow up with primary close contacts.
Members of the public should check the coronavirus website for exposure site details in the Bendigo area and get tested if they have any symptoms, the spokesperson said.
A map of exposure sites in Victoria can be seen below:
So far all Lakeside Hotel staff that have been tested have returned negative tests following the venue being listed as an exposure site.
Lakeside Hotel general manager Kelly Sullivan said the guest that returned the positive COVID case did the right thing an informed the hotel straight away.
"Our priority has always been and continues to be the health and safety of our staff and guests," Ms Sullivan said.
"The guest involved was a permitted guest and once he started experiencing symptoms.
"He did the right thing and immediately alerted our team who took all the necessary recommended measures in line with our approved COVID-safe plan.
"We are working closely with the Department of Health as you would expect however we are pleased to report that so far everyone we knew who has been tested has returned a negative result."
On Friday morning, management at Brumby's Bakery in Epsom posted a statement on Facebook that said they will remain closed as a precaution.
"The good news is the Government Health advice is that we are a very low risk site with transmission very unlikely," the statement read.
"Even though the extraordinary health advice is that we could trade today, we have taken the step to stay closed until staff come back negative and deep clean sanitation is complete.
"We will be closed Saturday but a decision on Sunday hasn't been made as yet. Apologies for any inconvenience."
BENDIGO Health says a public health response is underway following the new COVID-19 case in Bendigo.
A spokesperson said more information on the case would be available on Friday morning.
Anyone who visited an exposure site during an exposure period should follow the health advice, the spokesperson said.
Read other news: Child abuser jailed for offending in the 1980s
Drive-through COVID-19 testing will be available at the Bendigo Showgrounds from 8.30am to 5pn on Friday.
Walk-in testing will be at the McLaren Street site from 8.30am to 6pm.
NEW coronavirus exposure sites have been listed in Greater Bendigo as a V/Line contractor tests positive to the virus.
The Department of Transport confirmed a person working on the Bendigo and Echuca Line Upgrade returned a positive test on Thursday.
The worker, who has been based in the region since September 15, was experiencing symptoms and got tested.
Related news: Restaurant listed as tier one exposure site in Kyneton
All works on Goornong construction site were suspended on Thursday morning.
A site along the track between Epsom and Echuca has been identified as a tier one exposure site.
All workers who have attended the site since September 15 should get tested and isolate until further notice.
A number of Greater Bendigo exposure sites have also been listed on the Department of Health website.
The Quality Lakeside Hotel on Napier Street has been listed as a tier two site.
The exposure periods have been listed as:
- September 19 between 12am and 6am
- September 19 between 6.30pm and 11.59pm
- September 20 between 12am and 6am
- September 20 between 6pm and 11.59pm
- September 21 between 12am and 6am
- September 21 between 6pm and 11.59am
- September 22 between 12am and 6am
Anyone who visited the Quality Lakeside Hotel during those times should urgently get tested, then isolate until confirmation of a negative result.
The department said some people would be considered tier one contacts and have to isolate for 14 days. Contact tracers will directly contact those people.
The Brumby's Bakery in The Village Epsom has also been listed as a tier two site. The exposure period was between 9.15am and 9.55am on September 19.
Our journalists work hard to provide local, up-to-date news to the community. This is how you can access our trusted content: