CONTACT tracers have confirmed Bendigo exposure sites are linked to a Mount Alexander Shire resident who visited the area late last week.
COVID response commander Jeroen Weimar says the person works in Melbourne.
"They've been to Bendigo. A number of exposure sites were listed last night for that case," he told reporters on Monday afternoon.
Seven tier two exposure sites have been identified, all for times and dates on September 16 and 17 in central Bendigo.
ONE new coronavirus case has been listed in the Mount Alexander Shire.
COVID-19 Commander Jeroen Weimar confirmed the new infection was one of 14 cases listed in regional Victoria on Monday.
Mr Weimar said the Mount Alexander case was related to a work site in the western suburbs of Melbourne.
The COVID-19 commander said there was also a new case in the Macedon Ranges that was under investigation.
There were zero new cases recorded in Greater Bendigo.
Five new COVID-19 cases were listed in Ballarat on Monday, with all of the cases known close contacts.
Another three new cases were also recorded in the Mitchell Shire.
It comes after a number of COVID-19 exposure sites were listed in Bendigo on Sunday.
Bendigo Health testing sites were closed to newcomers at 11am on Monday due to overwhelming demand.
Premier Daniel Andrews said there was a total of 5675 active cases in the Victorian community, with 85 per cent of all positive cases under the age of 50.
A woman in her 70s from the Melbourne local government area of Moreland died from COVID-19.
There were 209 people in hospital, with 59 of those people receiving intensive care and 40 people on a ventilator.
Mr Andrews said of those cases who were in hospital, 86 per cent were not vaccinated, 12 per cent were partially vaccinated, and three people were fully vaccinated.
The premier said 72.7 per cent of eligible Victorians had received one dose of the COVID-19 vaccine, while 44.2 per cent were double dosed.
Mr Andrews urged people to get vaccinated, saying there were 4800 AstraZeneca appointments and 3000 Pfizer appointments available at state-run clinics.
The Bendigo Advertiser has removed the paywall from our stories relating to health warnings and safety of the community in regards to the coronavirus. However, we depend on subscription revenue to support our journalism. If you are able, please subscribe here. If you are already a subscriber, thank you for your support.