COACHES will continue to replace the majority of V/Line services on Tuesday, as hundreds of frontline V/Line staff isolate to contain the spread of coronavirus.
Six positive tests among drivers and operational staff has meant that more than 350 of the V/Line workforce across the state have been required to isolate.
It comes as more COVID-19 exposure sites are listed in central Victoria including in Woodend.
Woodend Railway Station is listed as a Tier 2 site meaning anyone who has been there during the exposure times is required to get tested and isolate they receive a negative result.
The times include Wednesday, September 8 from 4pm-4.30pm, Thursday, September 9 from 5am-5.30am and 3pm-3.30pm.
The affected train services include:
- V/Line Melbourne to Bendigo departing Southern Cross Station and arriving at Woodend Station on September 8 3.06pm-4.06.
- V/Line Kyneton to Melbourne departing Woodend Station and arriving at Southern Cross Station.
- V/Line Melbourne to Bendigo departing Southern Cross Station arriving at Woodend Station on September 9 from 2.05pm-3.05pm.
V/Line plans to provide a limited number of morning peak services on the Bendigo line on Tuesday to support essential workers needing to travel to and from Melbourne.
- BFNL chair stands ground on finals and awards decisions
- 442 games were played, but no team or individual award recognition makes 2021 the BFNL's season that never was
- 2021 FINAL SIREN - Seasons that began with such anticipation and excitement fade to bitterly disappointing ending
- BFNL clubs' mixed response to board decisions on finals series and league awards
V/Line says its COVIDSafe plan includes contingencies for different types of service disruptions, allowing it to put alternate transport options in place quickly whenever services are disrupted, including due to a COVID-19 exposure.
Victoria's daily COVID-19 cases yesterday surged past 450 for just the second time since August 2020.
Department of Health data released on Monday showed Victoria recorded 473 new coronavirus cases overnight.
Of the new local cases, 202 are linked to known cases and outbreaks.
Our journalists work hard to provide local, up-to-date news to the community. This is how you can access our trusted content: