VICTORIA'S coronavirus commander says testing and vaccinations continue at an Echuca site that an active case attended.
Jeroen Weimar has reiterated that the aged care worker says most residents have had their first dose of the vaccine.
"This [active case] staff member was fully vaccinated so we hope therefore to see very limited onward transmission, but the results will tell in the next day or two," he said.
About half of the facility's staff were vaccinated and more took up offers for jabs on Friday, Mr Weimar understood.
Shepparton's outbreak is currently at 85 active cases after seven additions on Friday.
Health minister Mr Foley thanked health groups in the area for their hard work to help the community.
"Emergency relief packages are being got out in record numbers and are available for people to continue to be supported through their self-isolation - food, essential support, medicines - all the kinds of things that people need are there," he said.
"And the system has cranked up to record levels to make sure that the Goulburn Valley community get through these issues."
Mr Foley has thanked people in the Bendigo and Echuca area for turning up in such high numbers for testing on Friday.
They, people in Shepparton and across Melbourne were among those highlighted for thanks after 55,333 people got tested.
People continued to turn out in large numbers for vaccines too.
Mr Foley said the only thing limiting Victorian demand for vaccines was supply.
"Whilst we continue to see increasing levels of supply forecast in coming weeks and months, what we really need is the supply to meet demand now, and we will continue to ask the Commonwealth for more supply because we know that with every dose of Pfizer, with every dose of AstraZeneca that we will end up with more Victorians doing their part sooner to get us out of this pandemic," he said.
PEOPLE in Echuca may still have been exposed to COVID-19 despite a letter circulating in the community suggesting a negative test result.
Health authorities have now clarified that the person was infectious while out in the community but returned a negative result.
That could be because the person had come to the end of their infectious period.
Their first positive test still stands.
People still need to get tested if they were at Echuca exposure sites.
The clarification comes after the Bendigo Advertiser received multiple copies of a letter from Echuca Community for the Aged saying that a staff member who tested positive on Thursday received a negative result on Friday.
Authorities have previously said the staff member last worked at the aged care home on Friday August 20 and that exposures during their lockdown period was likely very short.
Victoria has recorded 64 new coronavirus cases since Friday as the state reaches a milestone 701 cases.
It is the highest total number of cases during the latest outbreak.
Victoria only hit the 600 cases mark on Thursday, and the 500 mark a few days before on Tuesday.
All of the extra 64 cases added to the tally on Saturday morning were acquired locally.
In total, 49 are linked to known outbreaks and 36 have been in quarantine throughout their infectious period.
It is unclear if any new cases in the Victorian community relate to a crew of NSW removalists who operate in Victoria while infectious.
Friday also bought 55,333 test results to Victorians as well as 35,753 vaccinations being administered.
Those numbers came as health authorities confirmed a case in Echuca was a false positive.
Echuca Community Health chief executive John Dean confirmed the worker had been tested again on Friday.
"I am pleased to advise the staff member who tested positive to COVID-19 yesterday has been re-tested and this latest test has produced a negative result," he said in a statement.
Our journalists work hard to provide local, up-to-date news to the community. This is how you can access our trusted content: