The Bendigo Blues and Roots Music Festival has been rescheduled and plans to go ahead in February.
Organisers postponed the festival that was originally planned for November citing current coronavirus restrictions combined with escalating case numbers making it difficult to plan and run a full event.
Lockdowns, venue density limits and travel restrictions all played a part in the decision to move the BBRMF from November to February.
Festival director Colin Thompson said a full-scale festival - which will be the 10th Bendigo Blues and Roots Music Festival - was now planned for February 10 to 13.
"It seemed a lot more possible when things were more under control, earlier in the year, but the current situation has us rescheduling to 2022 for the full-scale festival," he said.
Mr Thompson said he hopes some sort of blues event can go ahead in November when the BBRMF was originally planned for November 4 to 7.
The festival Winter Showcase fundraiser is also planned for September after being shifted from its weekend in August.
"We're still looking at what we can do on the weekend our festival was scheduled to occur, with a couple of strong possibilities in mind," Mr Thompson said. "But there's no way our volunteer team and our partner venues can feasibly look to do what was planned (for November) this year.
"We're really appreciative of the support and understanding shown to us by our sponsors, partner venues, and of course the crew at (City of Greater Bendigo's) tourism and major events .
"We thank (everyone for their) continued patience and unwavering support through these challenging times while we continue to keep the music alive - and provide an income for artists - through our live shows at The Old Church On The Hill and at live music venues such as The Handle Bar, Hustler and The Golden Vine Hotel - when restrictions permit of course."
Our journalists work hard to provide local, up-to-date news to the community. This is how you can access our trusted content: