BENDIGO machinery business Delecca's has confirmed all its staff have tested negative for COVID-19, after it was listed as an exposure site.
The business was visited by a COVID-19 positive person from Shepparton on Friday August 13.
It posted on Facebook on Saturday night to say all staff had returned a negative test result.
The post also said that reviewing CCTV footage, it appeared only staff were inside the retail area during the man's visit.
Anyone who was at Delecca's between 4.30 and 5.10pm on Friday August 13 is required to get a COVID-19 test urgently and isolate until they receive a negative result.
DELeCCA'S Bendigo has been listed as a tier two COVID-19 exposure site, meaning any visitors at the listed times must get take a test and self-isolate until they receive a negative result.
The site is listed as an exposure site on Friday August 13, from 4.30pm to 5.10pm.
Delecca's announced on its Facebook page on Friday August 20 that it had been informed a COVID-19 positive case from Shepparton had visited the previous week.
COVID-19 response commander Jeroen Weimar said on Saturday morning more testing would be set up in Bendigo in response to the visit during the day.
Bendigo Health testing is available on McLaren Street, both drive-through and walk-in, from 10am to 5.30pm seven days a week.
A BENDIGO machinery hire business has closed up shop after a positive COVID-19 person visited last week.
Delecca's Bendigo general manager Leigh Delecca confirmed that staff had been notified the business was now listed as an exposure site on Friday afternoon.
- More testing coming to Bendigo after COVID-19 case visit, regional lockdown begins in hours
- NSW records Australia's highest COVID-19 cases in a single day
- 'Pure miracle' Bendigo drink-driver didn't kill anyone, court told
- More testing coming to Bendigo after COVID-19 case visit, regional lockdown starts in hours
"We got notification from the Department of Health on Friday and were told someone from Shepparton had visited last week and had since tested positive," she said.
"The department is dealing with everything through us and deep cleans are about to take place.
"We're taking every precaution we can to ensure all of our staff and the community are kept safe."
Ms Delecca said all staff had gone to be tested.
"We have around 23 staff members and had between two and four on the day the person came in," she said.
"We have quite a lot of land here so it would be unlikely that they would all be in the same close space, but we wanted to be as cautious as possible."
She said this was a wake-up call for the business.
"It's really been a reality check for us, but we're hoping to be able to nip it all in the bud as soon as possible," Ms Delecca said.
"The Department of Health have been wonderful to us and the information they've given has been magnificent."
We have removed our paywall from our stories about the coronavirus. This is a rapidly changing situation and we aim to make sure our readers are as informed as possible. If you would like to support our journalists you can subscribe here.