ADDITIONAL COVID-19 testing will be set up in Bendigo on Saturday after a positive case visited Delacca's Bendigo, which has been listed as a tier two exposure site.
COVID-19 response commander Jeroen Weimar said testing would be set up in response to the visit from a positive case on Friday August 13.
He urged Victorians to get a COVID-19 test as soon as they had any symptoms, after major clusters seeded over a week ago.
Delacca's has been listed as a tier two exposure site on Friday August 13, from 4.30-5.10pm.
It comes after a lockdown was announced for regional Victoria from 1pm on Saturday.
Mr Weimar urged Victorians to get vaccinated against COVID-19 saying it was the best prevention against further outbreaks.
"We are seeing too many people waiting too long to get tested. We need to see people getting tested at the beginning of their infectious period," he said.
Premier Daniel Andrews said business support packages would be announced on Sunday or Monday, given the lockdown.
Bendigo Health testing is available on McLaren Street, both drive-through and walk-in, from 10am to 5.30pm seven days a week.
REGIONAL Victorians will go back into lockdown from1pm on Saturdayas health authorities fight a growing outbreak centred on Shepparton.
It comes as 61 new COVID-19 cases were confirmed in Victoria on Saturday morning, only 22 of which were in isolation for their entire infectious period.
Sixteen more COVID-19 cases had also been confirmed by rapid PCR testing, to be included in Sunday's numbers. Premier Daniel Andrews confirmed these 16 were all from the Shepparton area.
Mr Andrews said the lockdown conditions would be the same as in Melbourne, with the exception of a curfew, which would not operate in regional Victoria.
The lockdown will be in place until 11.59pm on Thursday September 2.
The five reasons to leave home during a lockdown will once again be in place - shopping for essential items, exercise, providing care, getting medical care and getting a vaccination.
Mr Andrews said the public health team had advised lockdown was necessary, given the Shepparton outbreak, and the fact at least one person had travelled to Bendigo.
Workforce permits will be required to leave the house for authorised work from 11.59pm Monday August 23.
Playgrounds, basketball hoops, skate parks and outdoor exercise equipment will be closed.
Exercise will be limited to just one other person, plus dependents who can't be left at home.
All childcare centres across Victoria will be closed, except to children whose parents are authorised workers and cannot be supervised at home, because of the high rate of transmission in young people. Vulnerable children will still be allowed to attend.
The public health team has also recommended primary school aged children wear a mask when not at home, as an extra precaution against the virus.
Further changes will be made to metropolitan businesses operating high-risk industries, like abattoirs, meat, poultry and seafood processing.
Mr Andrews urged anyone with COVID-19 symptoms to get tested.
A Bendigo machinery hire business has closed up shop after a positive COVID-19 person visited on Friday August 13, but is yet to be listed among the Department of Health's exposure sites.
Delecca's Bendigo general manager Leigh Delecca confirmed that staff had been notified the business was now listed as an exposure site on Friday afternoon.
"We got notification from the Department of Health on Friday and were told someone from Shepparton had visited last week and had since tested positive," she said.
"The department is dealing with everything through us and deep cleans are about to take place.
"We're taking every precaution we can to ensure all of our staff and the community are kept safe."
Our journalists work hard to provide local, up-to-date news to the community. This is how you can access our trusted content: