VICTORIAN contact tracers are yet to establish chains of transmission as they race to deal with a 29-person spike in infections.
It comes during a statewide race to work out who the unknown people linked to two separate transmission chains are, and how long they might have been in the community with the virus.
Premier Daniel Andrews expects more active cases will be found in the coming days after people broke rules and visited others while unknowingly infectious.
"They are linked to outbreaks and we don't know where those two outbreaks started so they are a mystery cases that sit behind this," he said.
The premier again urged people to stay isolated.
"So many of these transmissions, and others that we will find in coming days, will have been because people were visiting others and they ought not to have been doing that. They shouldn't have been doing that," Mr Andrews said.
"We can't change what has been done we can all make the best choices for our loved ones and people will never meet."
COVID commander Jeroen Weimar said no cases were linked to central Victoria but urged everyone across the state to come forward for testing if they have any symptoms at all.
Authorities continue to find wastewater COVID detects across the state including in regional Victoria, including in Healesville and elsewhere.
"I'll finish by saying that this highlights that the coronavirus isn't something which is located in a very tight geography," Mr Weimar said.
Victoria will get another 150,000 doses off of the Pfizer vaccine soon from the Federal government, Mr Andrews said.
VICTORIA has recorded 29 cases of coronavirus overnight as the state's active numbers surge.
None of the cases were in quarantine during their infection period but are linked to previously known infections.
No cases were recorded in returning travellers.
In total, there were over 43,618 tests returned and 22,335 vaccinations administered on Wednesday.
In some feel-good news, Dr Harry Little Preschool had an abundance of left over doughnuts to spare after their cubby house fundraiser ended.
Kinder staff did a doughnut drop at the Bendigo Health COVID-19 centre and Bendigo Respiratory Clinic on Thursday afternoon to thank their testers and vaccinators for all their hard work.
More than 52.6 per cent of eligible residents aged 15 and over have rolled up the sleeves to receive their first dose of the vaccine, while 25.1 per cent are fully vaccinated.
Bendigo Health's Mollison Street Mass Vaccination Centre remains open to continue administering vaccines.
IN OTHER NEWS:
We have removed our paywall from this story about the coronavirus. This is a rapidly changing situation and we want to make sure our readers are as informed as possible. If you would like to support our journalists,subscribe here.