Community sport has been given the green light to resume as of 11.59PM Tuesday July 27, as announced this morning by premier Daniel Andrews.
In the latest easing of restrictions physical recreation and sport is allowed to resume under strict rules.
Physical recreation and sport:
- Open with a maximum cap of 100 people per space indoor and 300 per space outdoors.
- There's a density limit of one person per four square metres with COVID-19 marshals to ensure attendees check-in.
- Group limit of 10 people
- Open for all ages, training and competition. Density limit of one person per four square metres.
- Limited to minimum number of people required to participate in and facilitate the activity
- Spectators are NOT allowed (excludes people necessary for events such as teachers, instructors, trainers, coaches, parents and guardians)
Now that the green light is given, it's expected leagues and clubs throughout central Victoria are now in discussions as to when competitions will resume.
Our journalists work hard to provide local, up-to-date news to the community. This is how you can access our trusted content: