The Department of Health has confirmed there are two positive coronavirus cases in central Victoria but both cases acquired their infections outside of the region.
"There are two previously reported positive cases currently in quarantine in the Bendigo/Kyneton area," a Department of Health spokesman said.
"They did not acquire their infection locally and have been successfully isolating.
"Consequently, there are no local exposure sites associated with these."
A positive case of COVID-19 was listed in Greater Bendigo by the Department of Health on Thursday morning.
A Bendigo Health spokesperson has confirmed the active case listed in the Greater Bendigo local government area on Thursday was not infectious in the Bendigo community.
Reporters asked Jeroen Weimar about the case, which was listed on the Department of Health and Human Services website on Thursday morning, but he said he was unaware of there being a case in the region.
"Not to my knowledge," he said.
The Bendigo Advertiser has contacted the department for further details.
Health Minister Martin Foley confirmed 24 of 26 were in quarantine throughout their entire infectious period.
Of the remaining two that weren't infectious during their entire period, Mr Foley said one of the exposures was limited to a single transaction at a petrol station in east Gippsland, as they made their way back to metropolitan Melbourne to isolate. The case is connected to the Trinity Grammar outbreak.
Mr Foley said the other was a new case related to the AAMI Park matter. The person was in the community for one day in their infectious period.
The last positive case of coronavirus in the Greater Bendigo region was in September 2020.
A NEW positive case of COVID-19 has been listed in Greater Bendigo.
The Department of Health and Human Services website showed on Thursday morning there was one active case listed in the municipality. The case was found in the previous 24 hours.
The Bendigo Advertiser has approached Bendigo Health for comment.
Greater Bendigo has so far recorded 102 cases throughout the COVID-19 pandemic.
The new case is the first for central Victoria in the latest outbreak that led to Victoria's fifth lockdown.
Bendigo last recorded a case in September 2020.
All new cases are linked to current outbreaks and 24 of the 26 cases were in quarantine throughout their entire infectious period.
More to come
Our journalists work hard to provide local, up-to-date news to the community. This is how you can access our trusted content: