TWO children are among those who have acquired COVID-19 in Victoria, health minister Martin Foley has revealed.
"One is a contact of a positive case that we reported last week linked to the reservoir householder, and one is a contact of the city of Melbourne case that we announce over the weekend," he has told reporters.
"We expect to see more knowing about the close contacts positives as they more widely move their way through the day 13 of the quarantine period."
Mr Foley said that the system containing the virus is working and that today's figures give him confidence current health settings are working.
VICTORIA has recorded six new locally cases of COVID-19 overnight as the number of active cases dropped to 68.
That includes two people who acquired their infections in the state, the Department of Health says.
Four others are in hotel quarantine after acquiring COVID-19 overseas.
The two new locally-acquired cases are primary close contacts of existing cases, with no community exposure during their infectious period.
The state's vaccination blitz also continues with more than 13,764 people receiving a dose on Sunday and another 16,932 tested for the virus.
All exposure sites can be found here.
Our journalists work hard to provide local, up-to-date news to the community. This is how you can access our trusted content: