A woman with coronavirus who left lockdown in Victoria and travelled north through NSW has put Queensland on alert after visiting parts of the state.
The woman and her husband left Victoria on June 1, travelled through NSW and crossed into Queensland at Goondiwindi on June 5.
The couple has since travelled to various locations, including the Sunshine Coast.
Queensland Health Minister Yvette D'Ath said the woman, 44, returned a positive coronavirus test on Tuesday and that was confirmed on Wednesday.
She had been staying with family in Caloundra.
Queensland chief health officer Jeannette Young said the woman was being interviewed and she did not know why the pair left Victoria, which had been in lockdown due to local transmission in the community there.
Restrictions for both regional and metropolitan Victoria are set to ease on Thursday night, the Victorian government on Wednesday.
It comes after the state recorded one new locally-acquired case on Tuesday.
Have you signed up to the Bendigo Advertiser's daily newsletter and breaking news emails? You can register below and make sure you are up to date with everything that's happening in central Victoria.