The state government will undertake a five-day vaccination blitz to get more private aged care and disability workers vaccinated.
Department for Health and Human Services deputy secretary Jeroen Weimar labelled the latest strain of coronavirus currently gripping Victoria as "the biggest".
"This is the biggest outbreak we've seen in Australia this year," he said. "It is certainly the fastest moving outbreak we've seen anywhere in Australia.
"I'm not taking this lightly.
"I am confident that we are doing everything we possibly can to get on top of this and I'm confident that all of us as Victorians are out there willing this thing to be over.
"As we saw yesterday, we are only one positive test result away from having to go down another rabbit hole."
It comes as Heath Minister Martin Foley says health advice would drive any decision for regional Victoria to leave the state's circuit-breaker lockdown.
Disability Minister Luke Donnellan said the vaccination blitz would occur at a number of mass vaccination hubs including those in Bendigo, Ballarat and Shepparton.
From June 2 to June 6, workers and private sector aged care facilities and the residential disability sector will be given priority access to walk-in vaccination hubs around Victoria between 9am and 4pm.
Workers with proper ID will get a priority lane if they turn up to vaccination sites.
Mr Foley said of the three new cases announced Tuesday, two were primary close contacts who were already in isolation and the other was still under investigation.
He said the first case reported at Arcare Maidstone had been linked back to an infection source.
"These sites remain under strict infection and prevention control measures," he said.
He also confirmed all staff and residents at the Blue Cross Sunshine aged care facility tested negative other than the one case reported on Monday.
He said no further positive tests had been recorded at Arcare Maidstone.
"The genomic sequencing has confirmed that that case is directly linked to the South Australian hotel outbreak," he said
"That is at least confirming in our mind that this is all the one related cluster from the South Australian hotel breach."
When asked about regional Victoria exiting the seven-day circuit breaker lockdown on Thursday, as first intended, Mr Foley said the decision would depend on the health advice.
"The public health team are currently going through all of the data," he said.
"We've still got, particularly in Axedale and Cohuna, a number of people in quarantine and they might well turn positive.
"Let's hope not but so far so good.
"The chief health officer and public health team will make recommendations based on all the most up-to-date intelligence and material available.
"As soon as the recommendation is made, as soon as that goes to the processes, we will be talking to the people of Victoria about what the next stages are. But at the moment, as the acting premier and chief health officer said it continues to be a day-by-day case proposition.
"We are finely balanced; this is a significant and very concerning outbreak."
Our journalists work hard to provide local, up-to-date news to the community. This is how you can access our trusted content: