The state's chief health officer says he is unsure whether lockdown will end later this week in regional Victoria.
When asked whether the regions could expect lockdown to end because all positive cases discovered so far were in Melbourne, Brett Sutton said he was unsure what would happen.
"At the moment, it's reviewing day by day," he said.
"I don't what might emerge tomorrow. There are still a number of primary close contacts in regional Victoria - a number who've tested negative - but we don't know what might be round the corner."
Professor Sutton was also quizzed about the potential for 'ring of steel' roadblocks to be reintroduced, locking people from metropolitan Melbourne out of the regions.
"It's all to be determined as we go through a review of the situation day by day," he said.
"It is not out of the question, but it is not locked in."
Six more COVID-19 cases have been confirmed in Victoria, the acting premier has announced.
These six cases were in addition to the five infections confirmed by the Health Department this morning, James Merlino said.
He told reporters officials were concerned about outbreaks in aged care, and the large numbers of contacts infected by people who had tested positive.
"The challenge ahead of us is very significant," deputy premier James Merlino said.
"No doubt that this situation is incredibly serious... This outbreak may well get worse before it gets better."
Mr Merlino confirmed an aged care resident who had contracted the virus was a woman aged in her 90s.
The resident and two aged care workers tested positive, after a worker at the Arcare aged care home in Maidstone returned a positive result on Sunday.
"Arcare can confirm that unfortunately a second team member and one resident at its Maidstone residence have tested positive to COVID-19," Arcare chief executive Colin Singh said in a statement on Monday.
"The resident is displaying mild symptoms however we are transferring them to hospital where their condition can be closely monitored. The team members also have mild symptoms and are recovering at home."
Mr Singh said the resident received one dose of the Pfizer vaccine and was awaiting a second dose.
Arcare Maidstone was locked down and residents were placed into self-isolation on Sunday after a staff member at the facility, a woman in her 50s, tested positive for the virus.
The list of exposure sites soared past 270 as the state recorded five new locally-acquired cases of COVID-19 overnight.
Authorities administered more than16,700 vaccinations on Sunday with another 43,874 people who got tested for the virus.
As of this morning there were 54 active cases across Victoria.
Meanwhile on Sunday, Victorian Treasurer Tim Pallas announced a $250 million support package to help impacted businesses through the lockdown, something Bendigo businesses welcomed.
Business, industry and union groups have also welcomed the package but argue the federal government must also step up.
Felicia Mariana from the Victoria Tourism Industry Council believes the Commonwealth should help by bringing back JobKeeper payments.
"When we ceased JobKeeper at the end of March, we did that under the plan that we were supposed to have mass vaccinations here in Australia by the end of March," she told ABC radio on Monday.
"There was good intent at the time but the reality has been we have not been able to accomplish the vaccination program that we planned to do."
Victorian Treasurer Tim Pallas has slammed the federal government's refusal to offer economic support.
"This idea we are working hand in glove, when they have never put their hand in their pocket, is nothing short of a disgrace," he said.
Mr Pallas called on the federal government to reintroduce JobKeeper for the week, match the Victorian support package dollar for dollar, or put forward alternatives.
But Scott Morrison knocked back each proposal, pointing out the Victorian support paled in comparison to Commonwealth funding throughout the pandemic.
The prime minister also noted the Queensland and Western Australian governments had covered the costs of similar snap lockdowns.
"We will continue to support Victoria to get Victoria open and do everything we can to ensure Victoria does not close itself again," he said.
A full list of COVID-19 exposure sites is available here.
- with AAP
Our journalists work hard to provide local, up-to-date news to the community. This is how you can access our trusted content: