Tier one and two sites
- The Axedale Tavern has been named a tier one site, meaning anyone who visited the venue on Sunday, May 23 between 11.45am and 1.30pm must get tested immediately and quarantine for 14 days
- Bendigo's Hairfolk hairdresser is a tier two site meaning anyone who visited the venue on Saturday, May 22 between 9.40am and 10.10am must get tested urgently and isolate until they a negative test
- Cohuna's recreation reserve is a tier two site, meaning anyone who was there on Saturday, May 22 between 12pm and 5pm must get tested urgently and isolate until they a negative test
- For latest coronavirus news, click here
COVID-19 news from Thursday
Victoria will enter a seven-day circuit-breaker lockdown from midnight Thursday.
It comes as the state recorded 12 more locally acquired cases of COVID-19 on Wednesday.
Read all the news here:
- Wedding ceremonies, funerals shuffled around lockdown
- 'Mayhem' as Bendigo salons reschedule appointments ahead of lockdown
- Get vaccinated: Bendigo Health enforces restrictions
- Hospitality and tourism industry 'absolutely crushed' by lockdown
- Closing the borders: How other states are responding to Victoria's COVID-19 cases
- Support for La Trobe students who can't learn remotely during lockdown
- 'Extraordinary times': Bendigo schools prepare for remote learning return
- Racing gets the green light to continue during new COVID lockdown
- What do the new coronavirus restrictions mean for me?
- Here we go again: Victoria back under coronavirus restrictions
- State records 12 new local cases
Health officials have added the Cohuna Recreation Reserve to the state's list of tier two exposure sites.
The Department of Health said anyone who was there on Saturday, May 22 between 12pm and 5pm must get tested urgently and isolate until they a negative test.
Earlier on Wednesday the Cohuna Kangas Football Netball Club posted on its Facebook page that it was aware of the person visiting their ground on Saturday.
More COVID-19 news from Wednesday:
Bendigo and District Aboriginal Co-operative confirmed the staff member has tested negative and the centre has re-opened.
Part of the Bendigo and District Aboriginal Co-operative centre has been closed after a staff member was found to have attended an exposure site.
The staff member has undergone a rapid coronavirus test and is now awaiting a result.
Part of the co-operative will remain closed until the test result is received.
THE Cohuna Kangas Football Netball Club released a statement on Facebook after it received information an attendee at its Central Murray Football Netball League matches against Tooleybuc-Manangatang has since tested positive to COVID-19.
The Kangas faced the Saints at Cohuna Recreation Reserve on Saturday.
"There is a bit of mixed information getting around the community and we ask that people await official confirmation from the DHHS as to what the next steps are for people who attended the game on Saturday," a Facebook post said.
"It's likely that anyone who attended the games on Saturday will be asked to get tested.
"We are awaiting confirmation of the isolation requirements for people who get tested."
The Cohuna Complex has been closed until further notice and the Gannawarra Shire Council will undergo a deep clean of the space.
In light of the emergence of more locally acquired cases in Melbourne, anyone who has been in the Greater Melbourne and Bendigo areas in the past 14 days since 12 May (excluding those who have only transited through an airport)...— NSW Health (@NSWHealth) May 26, 2021
In wake of the latest cases in Victoria, NSW instructed that anyone who has been to Greater Melbourne or Bendigo in the past 14 days should not visit NSW aged-care or health facilities unless they were seeking treatment or for compassionate reasons.
Bendigo's Hairfolk has confirmed in a social media post that a positive case visited the hair salon on May 22.
"We have been advised by the Department of Health that on Saturday May 22nd a client came into the salon for less than 2 minutes to purchase product, who has now tested positive to Covid," a post on Facebook said.
Latest coronavirus news, click here
The post said Hairfolk staff had contacted all necessary clients who were in the salon at the same time.
The salon will remain closed until further notice.
Also turning to social media, Axedale Tavern said the news had been a shock.
"We are currently following the advice of the relevant health authorities, and can promise you, we are doing everything possible to ensure the health and safety of our staff and patrons, now, and looking forward," a post on Facebook said.
The tavern will be closed for a deep clean, and until it's safe to reopen.
"From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank everyone, whom in a short amount of time, have already reached out in support, with calls and messages," the post said.
"We are truly grateful to live and work in such an amazing, supportive community."
The list of COVID-19 exposure sites has continued to grow and now include venues in Bendigo and Axedale.
The Axedale Tavern has been named a Tier 1 site meaning anyone that has visited the venue on Sunday May 23 between 11.45am and 1.30pm must get tested immediately and quarantine for 14 days.
Bendigo's Hairfolk hairdresser has been named a Tier 2 site meaning anyone that visited the venue on Saturday May 22 between 9.40am and 10.10 am must get tested urgently and isolate until they a negative test.
The Department of Health has also announced a positive case watched Collingwood take on Port Adelaide on Sunday.
The person sat in Zone 4, Level 1 of the Great Southern Stand, at the Punt Road end of the ground.
Late Tuesday, four new cases of coronavirus had been detected in Victoria.
The four cases were announced as household contacts of the fifth case confirmed on Tuesday morning in the Whittlesea cluster.
The latest cases bring the state's total to 17 active cases of coronavirus, with nine cases in the cluster.
In response to the unfolding outbreak, home gatherings are now limited to five visitors per day and public gatherings restricted to 30 people until at least June 4 in greater Melbourne.
Masks are mandatory indoors for people aged 12 and over, but can be taken off for eating, drinking and exercise.
- With AAP
Our journalists work hard to provide local, up-to-date news to the community. This is how you can access our trusted content: