LATEST COVID-19 DEVELOPMENTS:
* The introduction of general practice clinics to the national coronavirus vaccination program has enabled the number of doses delivered to triple in the past couple of weeks.
* Acting Chief Medical Officer Michael Kidd said daily and weekly numbers were only likely to improve as the number of vaccine clinics doubles from 1500 to 3000 by the end of this week.
* Almost 842,000 doses have been administered since the program started more than a month ago, well short of the four million vaccinations originally promised by the Morrison government by the end of March.
* Nationals deputy leader David Littleproud has gone from blaming the states for the pace of the vaccine rollout to scolding the European Union for blocking supply.
* Labor frontbencher Pat Conroy said the rollout had been plagued by chaos and dysfunction, saying one of the largest GP clinics in his electorate was set back by several days when a shipment of vaccines was sent to the wrong address.
* The Australian Technical Advisory Group is continuing to meet with colleagues from European medicine and healthcare agencies after a 44-year-old Melbourne man developed blood clots after receiving his AstraZeneca jab.
* Professor Kidd said the group is planning to meet on Wednesday this week to further discuss analysis of similar cases in Europe and the UK.
* He said it was important to note from the overseas experience that one to two cases of thrombosis have been recorded in one million people who received the AstraZeneca vaccine.
* Coronavirus restrictions in northern NSW that led to the cancellation of Bluesfest and forced those in the region to don masks will be lifted on Monday night after the state's fourth day of no community transmission.
* The Victorian government pledged every frontline hotel quarantine worker will be vaccinated by the time international flights to Melbourne restart on Thursday.
* Queensland recorded no new cases of locally acquired COVID-19 as desperate tourism operators celebrated a "bumper" Easter weekend.
AUSTRALIAN CORONAVIRUS NUMBERS:
* Australia reported no locally acquired cases of the coronavirus on Monday. There were 10 overseas-acquired cases reported in hotel quarantine: four in Queensland, three in NSW, two in South Australia, and one in Western Australia.
* The national death toll is 909: Victoria 820, NSW 56, Tasmania 13, WA 9, Queensland 6, SA 4, ACT 3 (Two Queensland residents who died in NSW have been included in the official tolls of both states).
GLOBAL CORONAVIRUS NUMBERS:
* Cases: at least 131,336,037
* Deaths: at least 2,853,365
* Recovered: at least 74,493,117.
Data current as of 1800 AEDT on April 5, taking in federal and state/territory government updates and Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Centre figures.
Australian Associated Press