A MAN charged with detaining a woman against her will has been denied bail.
The man made the application at the Bendigo Magistrates' Court earlier this week.
He has been charged with nine offences, including intentionally causing injury, recklessly causing serious injury, unlawfully imprisoning and detaining a woman against her will.
Read more court:
Charge sheets obtained by the Bendigo Advertiser said the alleged offending occurred between January 24 and 25 this year.
The victim had a family violence intervention order against the man.
The accused first applied for bail on January 29 but was rejected after the magistrate found there was an unacceptable risk.
The man's defence lawyer Nicholas Rolfe lodged a second application on the grounds there were new facts and circumstances.
Mr Rolfe said the man could be bailed to a new address in the Northern Territory. The accused's family was also willing to post a $30,000 surety.
Read other news: Bendigo mayor weighs in on proposed Rosalind Park bat cooling system
The defence lawyer said there would be fewer opportunities for the man to contact the victim if he was living interstate.
But Senior Constable Judith Sproull gave evidence police were concerned the man would not return to Victoria if bailed to an interstate address.
Senior Constable Sproull said the man could still commit offences using phones or online services.
She told the court the victim was still in hospital receiving treatment for a fractured eye socket and nose. The injuries stemmed from the alleged incident.
Magistrate Russell Kelly denied the application for bail saying he was not satisfied bail conditions could alleviate any risk.
The man is due to return to court in April for a committal mention.
Have you signed up to the Bendigo Advertiser's daily newsletter and breaking news emails? You can register below and make sure you are up to date with everything that's happening in central Victoria.
Sign up for our newsletter to stay up to date.